Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Suicide on the train line causing train cancellations on West Coast line between Wigan and Preston. I don't know how I should be thinking about this.

I'm sorry for the suicide victim but also think it's hard on the driver who sees the victim about to be hit bit can't do anything. Apparently it often causes them so much mental damage they can't work on the trains again.

Then there's the utterly minor inconvenience of sitting for 2 hours on the station. For the. Next train home.

Then there's the fact I've been through this twice before, in one week about a month ago! What is it about the area between Wigan and Preston? Apparently it's a bit too common in that area.

And finally, why can't we as the 6th biggest economy in the world give better mental health services so these suicides are much less common?

As you can tell I'm kind of annoyed and sympathetic with everyone concerned. Hence my question about how to behave and think about this. What is the correct human response?

Suicide on the train line causing train cancellations on West Coast line between Wigan and Preston. I don't know how I should be thinking about this.

I'm sorry for the suicide victim but also think it's hard on the driver who sees the victim about to be hit bit can't do anything. Apparently it often causes them so much mental damage they can't work on the trains again.

Then there's the utterly minor inconvenience of sitting for 2 hours on the station. For the. Next train home.

Then there's the fact I've been through this twice before, in one week about a month ago! What is it about the area between Wigan and Preston? Apparently it's a bit too common in that area.

And finally, why can't we as the 6th biggest economy in the world give better mental health services so these suicides are much less common?

As you can tell I'm kind of annoyed and sympathetic with everyone concerned. Hence my question about how to behave and think about this. What is the correct human response?
Think you’ve covered all the important angles

Jameshow

Veteran

1) we have a Facebook celeb infused culture which makes people feel crap if they haven't a perfect lifestyle.

2) we have so many people particularly men who have lost their way to the change of industry, breakdown of relationships and the opportunity of drink and drug use.

3) MH services are predominantly used by women and only treat those who call out for attention rather than bottling it up when men in particular tend to do. (3/4 suicide are men)

Etc etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Watching someone who is talented do their thing can be great, but I can't stand "Stop what you were doing, and pay attention - I have arrived..."!

Stop what you’re doing, pay attention, my photo has arrived.

BB45BE2E-5A80-4FDA-B442-18CED723726A.jpeg

Jameshow

Veteran
I am getting more and more irritated by over-extroverted people as I get older. :cursing:

Watching someone who is talented do their thing can be great, but I can't stand "Stop what you were doing, and pay attention - I have arrived..."!

Isn't that every YouTuber?!!

Oh for fark's sakes, the last thing 1 in 3 of your clients needs is "getting to know you" games. All that will happen is that your extroverts will have fun and get to know each other and the introverts will be more isolated.

Top Bottom