Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I've made a return to cycling thanks to e-power.
Some years ago, I cursed a chap who overtook me on a hill on his ebike when he looked back and laughed as I struggled. I wished all manner of bad luck his way including a flat battery on his next climb miles from home.

On my way home today following my first real ride for some time I was following a chap on a mountain bike downhill. I was having to brake alot as my bike must weigh a ton compared to his. Then we went uphill. He put in a good effort I must say. Puffing and panting and realising his legs were dying he ran out of steam about a third of the way up and gave up. I kept a straight face till I'd left him behind a fair bit and then cracked up laughing.
To the chap today, I apologise for laughing.
To my former nemesis, I apologise for cursing you. I now know how you felt that day. :laugh:

I once over took a chap on hybrid up the last hill to home (commute back from station) on my Brompton, he just gasped and said "oh my god you are taking the piss" I ddi slow up and we had a chat, and I explained it was probably lighter than his bike and, despite the small wheels, a decent bit of kit and I was in habit of riding 50 odd miles at a weekend so my engine was reasonably well tuned. Poor guy i did feel for him.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
How about you take that away and write it again, but this time put in all the words you missed out and form proper sentences, then it will have then meaning I think you intended as a descriptive paragraph, not as a command that the reader does something.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Don't you think that 60 years of age is actually just about a time to finally grow up and start doing things yourself? :angry:
Also internet isn't just FB and online shops, you know. :angry:

One day I will say it to my mother. Jeez I'm glad we live 2000 km apart.

I don't know the back story here but one day you may reflect back and regret those words. ☹️

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Don't you think that 60 years of age is actually just about a time to finally grow up and start doing things yourself? :angry:
Also internet isn't just FB and online shops, you know. :angry:

One day I will say it to my mother. Jeez I'm glad we live 2000 km apart.

Oi I'm 60 and refuse to 'grow up' :tongue:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Why didn't you do the gas connection for the new estate while the access roundabout was being built, not digging a bloody great big hole in the new road surface 1 month after it had been completed?

And now there's a sign out that Anglian Water are about to do something similar at the same place next week. Doesn't anybody co-ordinate these things for goodness sake.

And now there's a sign out that Anglian Water are about to do something similar at the same place next week. Doesn't anybody co-ordinate these things for goodness sake.

They are maybe coordinated so that they don't get the pipes muddled up if they did the gas and water at the same time. They may go home with someone elses shovel, and if you get water out of the gas oven...do NOT get a shower.

Cavalol

Guru
If there really is a problem with people who can work supposedly fiddling the 'social' why don't they just lock them in a lift with Dermot O'Leary and Alison Hammond for half an hour and have 'Loose Women' as back up on the next couple of floors up? Any one of those braying, incessant twerps would surely cure more ailments than any doctor had ever managed.

gbb

Legendary Member
To the person who almost daily leaves a trail of torn up lottery scratchcards in your wake up the local paths...
I hope a little bit of your soul dies every time you do that...

Top Bottom