Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Oh, FFS 'road.cc'... I know that you have to have adverts on your site but that is just bloody ridiculous! Apart from all of the other ads on the screen, you also have the same animated ad top, bottom, left and right of screen, all panning and flickering in unison!!!!

Ah, the animated ads have changed - the left side now matches the right, and a different ad on the top now matches the new one on the bottom... :blink::wacko:

Chris S

Legendary Member
Part of post modern theory is that because there are no absolutes, everything can change. By saying something or showing something in media we can make it happen, or if you like, make it 'normal'. A lot of disciplines in universities are influenced by post-modern theory, and a lot of the people coming out of universities work in areas like advertising so it is likely that this will be reflected.

In the case above this means that by showing lots of people who aren't white, and by showing mixed race marriages as normal, this will become the new norm, and why not?
It didn't work in Ireland. A mixed race couple had to move to England after the threats that they received when they appeared in a Lidl advert.
https://www.irishcentral.com/news/irishvoice/mixed-race-couple-leave-ireland-racism

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Oh, FFS 'road.cc'... I know that you have to have adverts on your site but that is just bloody ridiculous! Apart from all of the other ads on the screen, you also have the same animated ad top, bottom, left and right of screen, all panning and flickering in unison!!!!

Ah, the animated ads have changed - the left side now matches the right, and a different ad on the top now matches the new one on the bottom... :blink::wacko:

You need the Ghostery plugin for your browser...

https://www.ghostery.com/

Lullabelle

Banana
When your son was younger you didn't care what web sites he went onto, now he is 14 you can't leave him alone-all his texts and emails etc...go straight to your phone. You face-time him to make sure he is where he says he is...it is getting out of hand.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't suppose it occurs to you that maybe if you tried supporting me in my plans I might actually see them through?
But it's OK, you just keep telling me I'll fail or give up. That's the spirit.
I am horribly familiar with that one! :sad:

I have my Plan A... "It will never work!"
Plan B... "It's bloody fantasy, mate!"
Plan C... "You are in cloud cuckoo land if you imagine that you will ever manage to do that!"

Eventually followed by ... "The trouble with you is that you give up too easily! No staying power. You and your defeatist attitude!"

:cursing::banghead:

I got a variation on that: "You should take more part of social events and stop expecting people to notice you and talk to you" would be shortly followed by "You dominate the conversation too much"

Apparently I'm "intimidating", yup: all 5'8" of me...

matth411

Veteran
Yeah I have made mistakes, should have fought instead of taking everything on the chin. However, I really didn't like the fact that you walked out of the room when I walked in. You really tried to make that sensitive situation about you? My grandad was taking his last breaths and you couldn't stand in a room with me to say goodbye? You made it so I had limited time to say goodbye because I made mistakes and you think you're God's *beeping* gift. I sincerely hope you and your 3rd family are happy. I'm glad I will only ever have to see you at funerals.

Skibird

I had that. I was offered about 30% less than I was asking for. I was told that the couple were struggling to raise the money, but that wasn't my problem - I had a mortgage to clear and wanted to come out of it with money in the bank, rather than an overdraft!

They eventually offered me about 15% less and I grudgingly accepted that offer since there weren't many others and I needed to sell.

It turns out that they must have been having REAL problems because over 4 years later they still haven't finished the repairs to the property or moved in! :wacko::eek:
We had that just before we moved to the IOW, but this family, who were Asians, actually told the Estate Agent we were racist for not considering their offer, which was £50,000 less than the asking price in what was then a very flourishing market.

Top Bottom