THINK Bike - Southampton style

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Riding into work this morning I caught up with a lady at the bottom of the Itchen Bridge and followed her through the green light across the cycle lanes there. As we nearly got through to the other side a car swerved into the cycle lane and nearly took out said young lady who managed to swerve herself into the gutter.

I looked at the back of this black hatchback and saw a large, bright yellow sticker on the back window: THINK BIKE!

You absolute scumbag, I thought. Of all the people... I caught up at the lights and told the fella off. He did the classic staring at the steering wheel until the lights went green and moved off. I think my words were "You with that sticker should be ASHAMED that you nearly took a rider out IN a cycle lane!" or similar.

Knowing my, his and her luck it was probably his wife's car. What a plum. Wish I'd had the camera on.

User269

THINK BIKE! A pro motorcyclists sticker. Worse than car drivers. And of course, we should THINK BIKE; we should think "I'll just look again as I pull out of this junction in a 30mph zone because another moron on a motorcycle will be appearing from nowhere in the space of less than a second, travelling at 60 mph".

The most worrying thing about what I've just written is that I'm not entirely sure whether I should have put the full stop before or after the quotation marks.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
THINK BIKE! A pro motorcyclists sticker. Worse than car drivers. And of course, we should THINK BIKE; we should think "I'll just look again as I pull out of this junction in a 30mph zone because another moron on a motorcycle will be appearing from nowhere in the space of less than a second, travelling at 60 mph".

The most worrying thing about what I've just written is that I'm not entirely sure whether I should have put the full stop before or after the quotation marks.

This one has a cycle and a motorcycle under the words. Oddly a motorcyclist scared the bejessus out of me 3 minutes later: I was turning right and a car on my left heading straight on. Light goes green and I can hear it approaching. Look behind and cant see a bike. As I turned back he appeared between us around 60mph and flew through the junction.

Riding into work this morning I caught up with a lady at the bottom of the Itchen Bridge and followed her through the green light across the cycle lanes there. As we nearly got through to the other side a car swerved into the cycle lane and nearly took out said young lady who managed to swerve herself into the gutter.

I looked at the back of this black hatchback and saw a large, bright yellow sticker on the back window: THINK BIKE!

You absolute scumbag, I thought. Of all the people... I caught up at the lights and told the fella off. He did the classic staring at the steering wheel until the lights went green and moved off. I think my words were "You with that sticker should be ASHAMED that you nearly took a rider out IN a cycle lane!" or similar.

Knowing my, his and her luck it was probably his wife's car. What a plum. Wish I'd had the camera on.

That's interesting, I had a black hatchback deliberately drive straight at me just around the corner from there (junction of Queensway and Oxford street) This morning. I didn't clock any stickers, but I was too busy asking the little cretin (who thought it was a big funny joke) what he thought he'd get out of a move like that.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
That's interesting, I had a black hatchback deliberately drive straight at me just around the corner from there (junction of Queensway and Oxford street) This morning. I didn't clock any stickers, but I was too busy asking the little cretin (who thought it was a big funny joke) what he thought he'd get out of a move like that.
I think this one went towards the docks, not down Bernard Street at all. Driver was about 25-30, dark hair. What time did yours happen? The one I witnessed was about 7.20am

S.Giles

...we should think "I'll just look again as I pull out of this junction in a 30mph zone because another moron on a motorcycle will be appearing from nowhere in the space of less than a second, travelling at 60 mph".

I think you got it right (the full stop, that is). The quotation only forms part of the sentence.

Top Bottom