Think I might be one of those cyclists ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon.r

Person
After putting in 'double mileage' in March and April, I've done very little in the last few weeks, despite good weather. I could come up with excuses as to why, but there's no real reason, I just haven't fancied going out. I go through periods like this once or twice a year, it'll end soon:okay:

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Thought about cycling to the golf course...?

Bicycle-Golf-Bag-Trailer-7.jpg

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I cycle almost every day, snow, rain or shine; could hardly call myself a proper cyclist, though, bet you're fitter than me on the bike.
Do what you feel like, a hobby shouldn't be a chore.
You can still post on here, even if you're off the bike ^_^

col

Legendary Member
Last couple of years iv been just like you minus the golf. When i do get out, rarely on a day off when the weather is good I take it easy and enjoy the ride.
I wouldnt worry about it, as far as i see it anyone who cycles is a real cyclist, even if we dont do it for months or years. Its like that saying" its like riding a bike" once youve done it its always there.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
... that's not really a cyclist :sad:

Started last summer, and after getting my road bike in August I reckon I've cycled about 1000 miles. 150 of them probably in the last 3 months.

Bit pathetic!!!!

I'm just busy at work and don't feel I've got anything more in the tank. The commute is 15 miles minimum which puts me off when I'm not feeling particularly energetic, which means I end up avoiding it. I get to the weekend and it's all about the golf on Saturday then lying about recovering from the week.

Thing is, when I'm out on the bike I love it, but then getting the drive to actually go out on it is what is missing.

Part of me is thinking of jacking it in and punting the bike, part of me is thinking I would go out on a hybrid more, part of me thinks I'm just lazy and need to find more strength!!!

:wacko:
You sound a lot like me.

I would suggest starting a small Saturday club, a few like minded mates. Its a really good way to enjoy riding even more and want to get better.

Otherwise...don't stress, ride when you feel like it, there's no minimum requirement

@CC2014 just do what you want, my mileage took a dip when I was decorating my friends house, its a 3 mile ride, but when I normal go I make that upto 15-20 miles each way, though there is a shorter 8-10 mile route back. Just enjoy what you do, if golf is your passion it will always come first.

Top Bottom