Thinking heads on please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Mrs P wants a ladies saddle,so please dig deep and send me some suggestions so i can give them all the once over,so she can get a really good saddle.

vickster

Legendary Member
Charge Ladle - I am yet to try but they are popular like the men's spoon

That said Bontrager suit me - I got an Anja Comp recently for £40, works for me. She needs to measure her sit bones though as they come in different widths

Brooks do ladies' models

I don't get on with Specialized saddles, and the Selle Italia Diva that I was recommended at one point was the perch of the devil for me!

Of course, it is possible that none of what will be suggested will suit her! To be honest, YOU giving them the once over will be zero use to her ;)

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I've got a Ladle as Vickster suggests and it's good.

However I've also had softer gel fill saddles which some discount as not so good for the undercarriage for some reason.

But I've been fine on one of those too for general riding, and multiday tours as well.
For years.

I'd say let your good lady wife take charge of saddle procurement herself.

It's a very personal subject, and I'd personally not want someone else making those decisions on my behalf.

However getting buttock bones measured would be a good start :okay:

My mid market bike shop has got one of those things you sit on to get the measurement.

135 mm as it happens

vickster

Legendary Member
My mid market bike shop has got one of those things you sit on to get the measurement.

135 mm as it happens
155mm here :blush: (with plenty of extra padding too :ph34r: )

Specialized concept stores have the measuring thing...there's one in Harrogate so not too far from Leeds for a day out :okay:

(they have a wide choice of saddles too, just the fancy grey one that looked soooo pretty on my bike did not suit my nether its one bit despite being the recommended size)

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
155mm here :blush: (with plenty of extra padding too :ph34r: )

Specialized concept stores have the measuring thing...there's one in Harrogate so not too far from Leeds for a day out :okay:

(they have a wide choice of saddles too, just the fancy grey one that looked soooo pretty on my bike did not suit my nether its one bit despite being the recommended size)

Well I'd never before have thunk to get competitive about buttock bone width ^_^

What a time to be alive.. :rolleyes:

But OK you win :okay:

I did get very competitive with myself about being equally weighted* on both buttock bones while sat on the measuring pad.

* - it's a yoga thing in case you were wondering :blush:

Madame Fondo has got this saddle, Spesh Dolce £37 which I pinched for a bit bit and found it very comfy on MTB as lots of gel cushioning. They do pricier lighter versions as well so worth a look.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I bought MrsF a Charge Ladle for her FS MTB - not had any complaints, and it's not as padded as her hybrid saddle, but seems comfy enough.

Top Bottom