Thinking heads on please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mrs Optic has been very happy now in the stoker’s seat with her Brooks “Countess” for many years. She does have it mounted on a Thudbuster for when I forget to warn her of bumpy surface approaching but I guess that’s not needed for Mrs P?

sheddy

Legendary Member
Is it possible to do sit bones sizing at home ?

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Is it possible to do sit bones sizing at home ?
Yes, but the @rsometer in the shop is more fun :blush:
Yes
Spread tin foil on a carpeted stair. Sit on it and approximate the upper body position you would use on your bike. Your sit bones will make indents on the tin foil which you can measure between

You may need to move the buttock flesh out of the way.
to get your ischial tuberosities to make a good indentation though :rolleyes:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Unless you used to teach half the young lads that work in your local branch of Specialized. Wasn't keen on having a conversation about my @rse with ex pupils - awkward!

Tee hee :rolleyes:

I bet, in truth, they'd be more embarrassed than you.

My evening job, requires quite a high degree of 'buttock chat' :blush:

I forget with new students, that not everyone is so used to that.

It's all the endorsements they keep getting on here - driving up demand - and price.

It's the only saddle that firm - that I've got on with - and was purchased on a recommend from here :smile:

I find that squishy saddles pinch where I really don't want to be pinched... :blush:

The Ladle is quite firm, but I ride on it (mostly) unpadded without any probs. The saddle that came with my road bike - now that blasted thing was made by Torquemada!

I tried the Ladle after seeing the good reviews on here. I have a Selle SMP in my parts box that's ghastly on the road bike and on the hybrid but oddly, not too bad on the MTB that I've bought as a project. So I guess frame geometry and riding position comes into it as well sometimes.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I find that squishy saddles pinch where I really don't want to be pinched... :blush:

The Ladle is quite firm, but I ride on it (mostly) unpadded without any probs. The saddle that came with my road bike - now that blasted thing was made by Torquemada!

I tried the Ladle after seeing the good reviews on here. I have a Selle SMP in my parts box that's ghastly on the road bike and on the hybrid but oddly, not too bad on the MTB that I've bought as a project. So I guess frame geometry and riding position comes into it as well sometimes.

Same for me with the factory fitted saddle that came with mine - although it is a 'mens' bike i spose - soo..

- i thought i might ' break it in' eventually - then thought - why would a girl want to do such a thing to herself anyhow ??
and retrofitted the old squishy one til the ladle arrived.

I think its just an inescapable fact that we are naturally more complicated and variable in that area - and elsewhere too perhaps ??

- plus all the other 'life events' that may have occurred along the way which means our needs can change over time..

So there's going to be a lot of luck, and or trial and error in finding the perfect perch :bicycle:

Same for me with the factory fitted saddle that came with mine - although it is a 'mens' bike i spose - soo..

- i thought i might ' break it in' eventually - then thought - why would a girl want to do such a thing to herself anyhow ??
and retrofitted the old squishy one til the ladle arrived.

I think its just an inescapable fact that we are naturally more complicated and variable in that area - and elsewhere too perhaps ??

- plus all the other 'life events' that may have occurred along the way which means our needs can change over time..

So there's going to be a lot of luck, and or trial and error in finding the perfect perch :bicycle:

Well, given my bikes are junior bikes, the saddles that tend to come with them are aimed at junior bottoms. :laugh:

Too narrow and the wrong shape, so one ends up sitting over them rather than on them, which is fine for a couple of miles before becoming incredibly painful. On a similar note, the saddle that I used on bikes I rode in my late teens and early 20s definitely isn't as comfortable now as I remember it being then. But I keep it in my parts box for emergencies.

An excuse for BETTYS!!!!
Now you're talking. Once visited York, Harrogate and Northallerton Bettys in same week. Wallet was lighter but I wasn't
1595513618701.png

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Old Postie here 😂.Thank you all for the suggestions so far.Postie is a fighting 70 years young.Now Mrs P is a different matter.I might not tell her about the age some of you think she is.She is a women not to be crossed.Ask the latest letting agent she has just bashed to bits.So Mrs P is 63.And is bowing to your knowledge of a subject she knows nothing about.She is grateful for you all taking time out to help.It will be a few weeks before she makes up her mind as we have our son to get back to Manchester and his new flat.So no falling out with each other.

Top Bottom