Thinking of buying a Felt VR30

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philinmerthyr

Über Member
I'm looking for a road bike able to so a similar job to my Roubaix. It's done nearly 5 years, 10,000 miles and as I'm over 20 stone it's earned a rest. :bicycle:

I'd like something with low gearing to help be ride the Welsh valleys and Brecon Beacons. The VR30 looks a great bike.

I can't find many reviews so I'm looking for comments and advice from my cycle chat friends

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I have to ask, why the desire to change? If you don't enjoy your current bike then by all means change but if you have had good times doing that 10,000 miles then why not stick with it?
I have a 2010 hybrid that has done over 16k since I bought it new. It runs like a dream and I wouldn't change it for anything and hope to do at least the same again and probably a lot more.

OP
OP
philinmerthyr

philinmerthyr

Über Member
I have to ask, why the desire to change? If you don't enjoy your current bike then by all means change but if you have had good times doing that 10,000 miles then why not stick with it?
I have a 2010 hybrid that has done over 16k since I bought it new. It runs like a dream and I wouldn't change it for anything and hope to do at least the same again and probably a lot more.

why change anything? Mainly because I think I deserve it. I won't throw the Roubaix away. I'll still love it and ride it but it's time I joined the N+1 group

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
why change anything? Mainly because I think I deserve it. I won't throw the Roubaix away. I'll still love it and ride it but it's time I joined the N+1 group
OK, your original post made it sound like you thought the old Roubaix was worn out and ready for the bin. I might be burnt for heresy but new bikes are not always better!

si_c

Guru
I've just got the VR50, really nice frame, and loving the attention to detail. The major reason i didn't go for the model up was the press fit bottom bracket.

Edit: go for it sure you won't be disappointed.

OP
OP
philinmerthyr

philinmerthyr

Über Member
I went for it and it was a superb bike for a mile before I got knocked off it on a roundabout. Put on a spinal board and taken by ambulance.I've spent the last 2 nights in hospital with a cracked pelvis. Just got home. On crutches and in a lot of pain. Thank got that I always wear a helmet.

A friend is picking up the bike tomorrow. No idea what state it's in. Police doing driver for no care and attention.

si_c

Guru
Nuts! Not good, get well soon!

Top Bottom