thinking of taking the plunge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
H

Heigue'r

Veteran
Stop!!!!,@Cubist , you can imagine how hard it was to get to this point, I know the cotics look the mutts but im allready colour co ordinating the chameleon :-)

Cubist

Still wavin'
It ain't about the looks though.

Soul-650b.jpg

gritstone-bike.jpg

Just imagine the ride, zingy, popping off roots and little steps, hooning it round some berms, tyres squirming for grip, the sense of satisfaction having spent those hours carefully sourcing components in budget, wondering whether you really need two kidneys or a dropper seatpost. Hope and Superstar Components anodised finishing kit, or On One for cheap and light goodies.........XT or SLX drivetrain......1x10, 2x10 or even a good old triple.....choices choices. Now a 120 Reba for the real sweetspot, or a 140 Rev or Xfusion, perhaps even a Pike if Santa remembers how good you've been......? Those hours in the garage/workshop, building that masterpiece that will reward you for years to come. :ph34r:

OP
OP
H

Heigue'r

Veteran
Im not argueing :-), the soul is nice but so is this, not going to go with as much travel as this one but it does look great imo.
in the cart at the moment is thomson stem, seatpost and bars and a set of rockshox revelations, undecided on gearset, id like to go 1x10 but not sure on what crank to go for, I will go slx or xt but need to do a bit more research on this, Id rather push big gears than spin, have allways ridden like this, I dropped into the small ring on my road bike once or twice but really hate it which is putting me in the direction of 1x10
IMG_0323.jpg

OP
OP
H

Heigue'r

Veteran
So I ordered the chameleon after the post above, should be here in 3-4 weeks,I guess ill be looking for suggestions and thoughts on components and possibly colour choices.I may keep it simple black hubs, bars chainring etc or may add a bit of colour,ive went with the black and lime green frame.Component wise, I think it will be
rockshox reba 120
xt brakes,shifter,cassette and derailleur,undecided on crank.
Hope headset
hope hubs black at the moment(may add colour here)
possibly hope bb or xtr
thomson seatpost, stem and bars
grips black (may add colour here)
not sure about colour, perhaps a bit of lime green on grips and hubs (will need different hubs)

OP
OP
H

Heigue'r

Veteran
Frame arrived today,I have been collecting a few bits for the build also, obviously missing some major components like forks groupset and wheels but should have those over the next month or two
20150512_195655.jpg

OP
OP
H

Heigue'r

Veteran
Started to build it up, the headset was a bugger, bottom cup went in fine, top cup was a complete nightmare, just didnt want to line up, picked up a bargain set of unused revelation 140's off ebay hense the orange, have ordered some green ones but the orange is growing on me.still a bit to go, cant wait to get it out
20150527_232837.jpg
20150527_230447.jpg

Top Bottom