This afternoon i rode with

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Steve Austin, 10 Jul 2007.

1. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

Ian Wright :blush:

I'm chuffed to bits. could never have played football with him, but to have ridden along with someone who i admired and cheered at Highbury was awesome.
    Really nice bloke, rode 20 miles with him on the the T.D.F. stage from Greenwich to Canterbury.

Joked with Geoff Thomas that i was jealous that they were riding the T.D.F route and he said i could go along with them, and for one fleeting moment, i almost said yes.
    And then realised that they are riding 3500Km over the next 3 weeks, and came to my senses.

Got on local TV too, Just a little bit too exited about this :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

2. starseven

starseven Guest

Excellent " in the mix" moment.

Im not sure I would have been able to turn around ,It could have been a have credit card will travel day. :blush:

3. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Moderator

i'm so jealous, talking to a former alex legend who's ridden the tour :blush:
    and on the same day a friend of mine comes back to work with tales of meeting stephen roache in london at the tour :rolleyes:

4. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

They showed Ian having a clipless moment on the ITV4 coverage. :blush: :rolleyes:

5. OP
    OP
    Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

I would comment on his riding skills but that would be wrong :blush:

Fair play to him, he was fine on the flats, and could hold some speed, but he didn't like the slopes :rolleyes:

6. I found out yesterday that one of my workmates used to work with Stephen Roche's sister. He met him once or twice. Apparently she's a cyclist too, but not in the same league as her brother.

7. redjedi

redjedi Über Member

User, what's with all the random bumps of old threads? Feeling a bit nostalgic this evening?

8. yenrod

yenrod Guest

What next: Heat magazine ;)

9. Mr Pig

Mr Pig New Member

It seems to me that cycling is gaining ground, slowly. Is it wishful thinking?

10. yenrod

yenrod Guest

The more - the better - i reckon it really will get bigger/better !

Which only mean more consideration from the caged lot. :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice