This beggars belief! £35 fine.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
We seem to have the same attitude in this country to road laws that the US has to gun law.
The driving public needs to know for certain that what they do has repercussions.
At the moment you don't even need a days training, a license or insurance. It's just a bit of bad luck if you get caught.
You make a very good point.

I'm about to do the 'speed awareness course' as i got photographed doing 60 in a 50.. I'll have to pay 80quid.. I don't mind, I was speeding, I got caught..

But this , I just find impossible to fit in. It just seems there is no fair justice.

I got caught doing 106mph on an empty, dry, clear motorway; I got a short ban and £500 fine.

Nothing has happened to the 2 motorists who accidentally hit me, and the one who caused an accident with me on purpose. For equality sake, I would want the two to get a driving without due care and attention, as I would expect if I'd made the mistakes they made, the second admitting my her statement that I was in her blind spot and she'd just not checked properly. The driver who caused an accident with me should not be allowed to drive, I only remained uninjured from remaining calm, keeping balanced and putting my weight over my back wheel.

I committed a crime speeding on the motorway, I accept that, I shouldn't have been going that fast; I think the fact I was in a well maintained vehicle shows the risk not to be too high; someone may be able to comment on that. I think the people who hit me however have also committed a crime where they injured a vulnerable road user. Things just do not seem equal.

Mallory

Yet again the CPS let us down.

If the driver had immediately stopped then you could maybe agree with their decision but the fact that he continued driving for 90mtrs shows that even if he was not the original cause of the accident he showed no consideration for the poor bugger on his bonnet. His licence should be revoked for life just for that IMO.

Mallory

We need to get this attitude out of peoples head that a driving licence is a "right" it's NOT. It's a privilege.

I get fed up of self employed people who get off with motoring offences/bans because it will affect their ability to work. So what?? if you were a lorry/train driver etc you would be sacked on the spot for certain driving offences/drink driving.

Rant over

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Well he's an anti cyclist. He always makes a comment when i take my bike into the pub such as "Can't afford a car so he comes on a pushbike ha ha". He got my back by spouting up(again!!) about us not being taxed/insured, so when i pointed out the story of the lad killed by the taxi driver i expected some sympathy for our cause. Instead the smug git said "well if you will use our roads without being taxed or insured what do you expect"and it was said with a smirk on his face as well. He probably knows how to wind people up to the maximum, hopefully one day he'll meet the one who doesn't choose to walk away.:dry:

The forum won't let me post the words I want to use to describe this person.

davefb

Guru
I mentioned this case to some prick down the pub the other night. Unbelievably the prick suggested that it was the cyclist's fault because "he wasn't taxed or insured"!:ohmy: I had to walk away before i did or said something that i'd regret!:dry:
well, was he taxed or insured against being punched in the pub?

numbnuts

Legendary Member
the fact that he continued driving for 90mtrs

According to gov.org stopping distances from 70mph takes 96 metres so what speed was he doing

CPS should have picked up on that fact, I would say he was hoping that the body would fall off and he could carry on driving and get away with it

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Well he's an anti cyclist. He always makes a comment when i take my bike into the pub such as "Can't afford a car so he comes on a pushbike ha ha". He got my back by spouting up(again!!) about us not being taxed/insured, so when i pointed out the story of the lad killed by the taxi driver i expected some sympathy for our cause. Instead the smug git said "well if you will use our roads without being taxed or insured what do you expect"and it was said with a smirk on his face as well. He probably knows how to wind people up to the maximum, hopefully one day he'll meet the one who doesn't choose to walk away.:dry:

You could suggest that he should feel free to comment only when he has thought of something for himself. C'est un knob.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
By way of comparison, in the same week, this man got a three year ban, and 22 months* in the slammer for driving a 4x4 up Snowdon. OK, it was stupid, but apart from some alleged damage to the mountain railway, it was a harmless prank, and no one died!

* six months of that was for a no-show at his trial and taunting the police and judicial system

Top Bottom