this bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barq

It is even odder when you consider that the bike comes in five different sizes (42cm, 46.5cm, 50cm, 55.5cm, and 58.5cm)!

Mortiroloboy

I have just purchased the 2008 SCR4 from my LBS for my winter trainer, I ordered the Medium on advice of LBS as at 5'9" I come in mid way through the size range for the medium frame. I have made some adjustments to the set up, and the bike is fine, especially when you consider it only cost me £307:biggrin: and that included a set of Tortec 'guards and a bottle cage:smile:. The difference between the SCR 3 and the SCR4 is that the 3 has a carbon comp fork and a Tiagra RD, whereas the 4 has a CroMo fork and Sora gears. As I'm using it for my winter trainer, I don't want it to be too swish, just something for a mid week blast and the Sunday Club run.

Funnily enough both my daughter's told me that it looks better than my Wilier:ohmy:

Mortiroloboy

LOL! The colour scheme is pretty uninspiring, but there is a certain attraction to it, not sure how long the white 'bar tape and white saddle will stay that colour though, and it does look good with the matching black 'guards, with their refelctive strip on the edge.

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
So I'm about 5 ft 8, would that class me in the medium frame? aw bit confused here, but I do like this one, is it decent at all?

monnet

Guru
Sounds like you're probably a medium then, Kovu. Of course rule number one is never buy a bike unless you've tried out first. I'd agree with giant man - good for a first bike/ spare. Giant have a good reputation so you should be alright.

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
its a first road bike, buying all myself, the price tag appealed to me also.

SamNichols

I have an SCR2 and love it to pieces (I bought it at edinburgh cycles with a 20% discount - was £380 quid). I'm about 5 ft 11, and am just at the top end of the medium frame. Giant were the first bike company to start the sm/med/lg frame sizes, as they had proven that those 3 bike sizes in a compact frame geometry serve about 95% of the world's population - it was comparatively recently that they added xs/xl frame sizes to take the bikes to the other 5.
Anyway, if you want a fitting/try then a lot of lbs, edinburgh bikes and evans stock them, and you can try from there. You'll probably be a medium though.

That's the 2007 bike, next years ones have a much nicer paint job!

Mortiroloboy

I'm taking mine on the Sunday club run, so will let you know, but I reckon it's a good price for an upgradeable frame should you wish to do so. at 5'8" size medium will be OK for you.

Top Bottom