This bleedin weather AAArrrggghh !!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
This will probably sound unbelievable but it didn't rain in London yesterday, it only almost rained. Normal service has now resumed.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Lots of roadies on the surrey hills yesterday afternoon, it didn't rain, and was almost pleasant except the roads were covered in debris. Very few mtb-ers and those I saw were drenched and covered in mud.

Is it really that unreasonable to think that we should be able to go out for a decent ride in shorts and s/sleeve shirt and maybe even a bit of sun cream !! in the middle of July, 4 rides 4 days pissed wet through on 3 of them. Give me a cold DRY winter day over this anytime !!!!

Yeah I just checked the forecast. Its not one I am happy with. This bad weather is really making me fat as I cant go out anywhere. Cant wait for climate change to kick in.

IanT

http://www.sprocketwaffle.co.uk
My wife and I did the Essex Countryside 60 miler a couple of weekends ago. When we got up, the rain was so torrential that I got soaked just walking to the garage to get the bikes out. We just laughed, accepted that we were going to get soaked, strapped the bikes to the rack and got on with it.

By about 10 miles into the ride, it was warm enough to remove the waterproof jackets and an hour or so later, I thought we were going to get sun burn.

The heavens opened about 10 miles before the finish but we were having such a good time, we didn't even stop to put the macs back on. It was only a brief shower so we dried out anyway.

A good few of my mates gave this event a miss because they saw the weather in the morning. They were actually the losers. I think we just have to accept that rain is a fact of life and most certainly a fact of cycling life. Once you're over that mental hurdle, you can just get on with enjoying your cycling - whatever the weather.

Personally, I love those real nasty days where you get out and just get on with it. By the time you reach the coffee stop, you feel like you've really earned it (and a slice of cake).

It has. We are living it.

DOH!!

subaqua

What’s the point
and back to normal today. lovely ride home though in warm drizzle. was asked this morning why i ride in this weather. same answer as always. better than a bozzo's armpit BO at 06.30am on the tube.

Eddie

I managed to get in over 200 rain free miles in the past week =)

Miserable again today, which was kind of handy, as i'd been struggling to fit in running when the weather was nice.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I went out tonight and did 20 miles. I didn't see another cyclist at all! It was a dull evening, but quite mild bordering on humid, yet folk only seem to make an appearance if the sun is shining.
I went round a bit of an old fogey estate, hell they were all zonked out watching their tellys( i like to have a nosey whilst passing by) or reading their newspapers. Some of 'em are younger than me, but they act like they're 80!:reading:

Berties

Fast and careful!
Praise the lord, did a dry commute 35 miles of sun shine not having to wear a water proof and smelling like a damp hamster

Top Bottom