This could spark WW3....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not a problem. Round here all dogs have to be on a lead at all times. And owners have to carry shoot bags. And we live in a SSSI.
They will get used to it, especially when the Police State start fining them.

Drago

Legendary Member
"Reports to the authority suggest..."

Translation.

"In the absence of any actual evidence the carncil plans to bow to unsubstantiated hysteria."

Last edited:

stephec

Legendary Member
Yeah because everybody knows that when someone's out of control mutt jumps up and rubs it filthy paws over you it's, 'only being friendly, what' s wrong with you?'

I hope they ban those extendable leads as well, I'd better stop now, it's not doing my blood pressure any good. 😄

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I think dogs need to be on leads. The issue I see is when a dog is off the lead many owners don't clean up the shite. Out of sight out of mind. Not everybody likes dogs, dogs even when totally friendly can send a child or an elderly person flying with no malice intended. It'd common sense really...

Glow worm

Legendary Member
A lot of dog owners do not understand that many birds, particularly migrating waders will be completely exhausted and just the one flush from a single out of control dog can have a massive impact on birds.

Ive often heard gormless dog owners say stuff like ’ He’s only having fun’ or ‘ he didn’t catch any’ when the mere act of spooking birds that cannot afford enough energy to take flight over and over is enough to do for them.

I don’t know the answer especially as it seems to be law now in the UK that you HAVE to own a dog. I guess it’s just another step toward the eradication of nature.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I've never really got the whole owning an animal thing at all.
It's like having kids but simpler, cheaper and they love you....

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
In a similar vein to the paper report, I volunteer at an arboretum and people often walk their dogs round it, mostly on a lead, but some don't - which doesn't trouble me greatly. However, due to the amount of dog crap which is left behind (both in piles and bags) we've installed a dog crap bin and even a bag dispenser. It'll be interesting to see what effect it has, although now someone will have to empty the bin when full. If it stops getting splattered in crap when strimming, then I'll be happy. Mind you it won't be me emptying the bin. xx(xx(

Top Bottom