This crazy weather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
Had a day off today with intention of smashing some miles in. Weather was so bad I decided to take the mountain bike out for a change. About 4 miles in I was melting it was that hot so did a quick loop and swapped for my road bike. It rained and then was insanely hot and repeat for 2 hours! Its impossible for me to get the right gear on for current rides. Mini rant over :heat::cold::rain:

FeistySquirrel

Professional Jelly Baby Decapitator
Been mild today, so I was going to get some miles in. Just before I started to get ready, over came the clouds, thunder storms and torrential rain for an hour.
Today, 0miles. :rain:

OP
OP
Big Dave laaa

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
I forced myself to go as I had booked a day off just to go riding. Only managed 30 miles 8 of them on my mtb but was planning double that. Roll on summer if it ever arrives.

FeistySquirrel

Better then 0. In fact, my only miles this week have been my weekend work commutes (3miles each way). I'm seem to be busy / working when it's nice weather; and when I have free time, the rubbish weather comes swooping in. Hopefully get some more miles in soon. :cuppa:

OP
OP
Big Dave laaa

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
I need to shift my winter timber but its just not happening at the moment. Perhaps I just need to MTFU but I'm just not confident on the road bike in really heavy rain.

OP
OP
Big Dave laaa

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
I keep getting told this and haven't once even slid in the wet so I guess I really do need to mtfu

Had a day off today with intention of smashing some miles in. Weather was so bad I decided to take the mountain bike out for a change. About 4 miles in I was melting it was that hot so did a quick loop and swapped for my road bike. It rained and then was insanely hot and repeat for 2 hours! Its impossible for me to get the right gear on for current rides. Mini rant over :heat::cold::rain:

That is exactly why one needs at least 3 bikes.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Went out on the trustyTony Butterworth Tange steelie with full mudguards, sunny until café stop at Misson 25 miles in. Had a mahoosive toasted tea cake, got back on bike, black clouds all around, chucked it down until Harworth, then dried out. Spotted a big lightning storm approaching from South, just got back to Maltby before a Biblical deluge.

FeistySquirrel

I've been good today. Just got back from 60mile ride in beautiful sunny, 20 degrees....... And then racing a massive rain and storm cloud home.. And I won :boxing::bicycle:

Top Bottom