This day 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
I went on my first bike ride. I managed 10 miles on an old but never used Trek Hybrid, got home and ordered some padded shorts online. Joined here shortly after, rode the Trans Pennine Trail in 2016, had a cycling holiday in Tuscany and entered the 50 K challenge in 2017. Went cycling in Mallorca in 2018 and 2019, joined the Fridays in 2018 and did 2 rides, then did 4 rides with them in 2019. Did my first 100 miler with Nicky Boy last year and have enjoyed every single minute.

Thanks to everyone on here for their help and inspiration. :notworthy: Heres to the next 5 years. :cheers:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well done and keep it up! :bravo:

PS Was that your first bike ride EVER, or your first one as an adult after a long break from cycling? :whistle:

I had my bike stolen from school in 1969 and didn't cycle again until 20 years later, aged 33. Best thing I ever did was to buy a bike then!

OP
OP
Domus

Domus

Guru
Had bikes as a child but just rode around the local streets probably no more than a mile or so at any one time. Bought the Trek about 15 years ago on a whim again pootled around the local streets for a very short while then put in the shed for about 10 years.

Top Bottom