This has got to be a scam.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I got bored of mine so had him put down.

figbat

Slippery scientist
You can usually tell from their opening message that it's going to be one of those - along the lines of "Do you still have it and what is the price?". Always vague, never refer to the item itself, often asking questions that are clearly answered in the advert (price, location). Immediate block from me.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Just back from New Orleans - has anyone experienced, or fallen victim to, the "I bet I can tell you where you got your shoes" street exploit ?

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Thats a new one on me.
It's been around for a while, apparently.

The idea is that you know that the perpetrator can't possibly know, so it's safe to take his bet, whereupon he announces "You got your shoes on your feet, man!", and you will be "encouraged" by him and his friends to pay up.

presta

Guru
It's been around for a while, apparently.

The idea is that you know that the perpetrator can't possibly know, so it's safe to take his bet, whereupon he announces "You got your shoes on your feet, man!", and you will be "encouraged" by him and his friends to pay up.

Sitting at a street cafe in Corfu, a young lad dived under the table to 'shine' my shoes forabout 10 seconds, and then demanded 1000 drachma (about £6 at the time IIRC). I hadn't asked him to, and he did it before I could stop him, but I decided it was safer to pay up than argue, then find out his dad is the copper across the road or something.

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
Now I've got a bloke who replied to me within about ten seconds when I said that I've still got it, telling me he's sending an envelope of cash via TNT. 😂

Top Bottom