1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is funny - Reporting at its best

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by doyler78, 2 Nov 2007.

1. doyler78

doyler78 Well-Known Member

2. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

that's some heavy traffic but he seems to be going at it rather aggressive doesn't he

3. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

;) Link not working for me :smile:

4. bianco

bianco New Member

That guy give cyclists there rep.

He undertakes when unnecesary and pulls in too quick.

A good chuckly when he falls off non the less.

5. gambatte

gambatte Middle of the pack...

looked like he should have spotted her and then screwed up with his braking

6. OP
    OP
    doyler78

My thoughts exactly. I couldn't help laughing when his aggressiveness ended up with him on the ground whilst being filmed. Just thought you deserved that. God help the pedestrian but hey gave me a laugh anyway.

The traffic is awful round Belfast and some drivers point themselves towards the kerbs to stop cyclists coming down the inside especially if they have just overtaken you to stop in front of you. If the traffic is really backed up and some bugger has done this I just get off the bike move on to the path, walk round him/her. Turn round and smile at him/her as I slip down the inside of the rest of the traffic. Gives me so much pleasure and no doubt pisses them off immensely.

7. gambatte

gambatte Middle of the pack...

Been there

;):biggrin:

It gives me an enormous sense of satisfaction:thumbsup:

8. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

Experienced is obviously only used to mean that he has cycled for a long time, what a numpty! He is the kind of cyclist that makes motorists use words like kamikaze to describe cyclists.

9. Dont particularly find it funny.Peds tend to cross in bad places as well.Thats if they bother looking.

10. OP
    OP
    doyler78

I guess it depends on whether you consider that the reporter is cycling aggressively or not. If you do then you may feel he has got his just desserts and made a complete idiot of himself. Trying to highlight the problems that cyclists face with poor driving and narrow lanes in highly conjested roads is laudable however when your respond to that by cycling in a manner which could itself be considered dangerous doesn't do much justice to the point you are trying to make.

11. I'd need to watch it in real life instead of through a camera.

Cheers.

12. OP
    OP
    doyler78

Point taken however considering this was being filmed for reporting through a camera I guess the appropriate medium is the camera through which to view it ;)