This is funny - Reporting at its best

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
that's some heavy traffic but he seems to be going at it rather aggressive doesn't he

bianco

That guy give cyclists there rep.

He undertakes when unnecesary and pulls in too quick.

A good chuckly when he falls off non the less.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
bianco said:
That guy give cyclists there rep.

He undertakes when unnecesary and pulls in too quick.

A good chuckly when he falls off non the less.

looked like he should have spotted her and then screwed up with his braking

OP
OP
D

doyler78

Tynan said:
that's some heavy traffic but he seems to be going at it rather aggressive doesn't he

My thoughts exactly. I couldn't help laughing when his aggressiveness ended up with him on the ground whilst being filmed. Just thought you deserved that. God help the pedestrian but hey gave me a laugh anyway.

The traffic is awful round Belfast and some drivers point themselves towards the kerbs to stop cyclists coming down the inside especially if they have just overtaken you to stop in front of you. If the traffic is really backed up and some bugger has done this I just get off the bike move on to the path, walk round him/her. Turn round and smile at him/her as I slip down the inside of the rest of the traffic. Gives me so much pleasure and no doubt pisses them off immensely.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
doyler78 said:
The traffic is awful round Belfast and some drivers point themselves towards the kerbs to stop cyclists coming down the inside especially if they have just overtaken you to stop in front of you. If the traffic is really backed up and some bugger has done this I just get off the bike move on to the path, walk round him/her. Turn round and smile at him/her as I slip down the inside of the rest of the traffic. Gives me so much pleasure and no doubt pisses them off immensely.

Been there

;):biggrin:

It gives me an enormous sense of satisfaction:thumbsup:

doyler78 said:
Found this whilst just trawling about the internet. Couldn't stop laughing. Maybe you have all seen it before but my first time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/ifs_news/hi/newsid_5310000/newsid_5318300/nb_rm_5318342.stm

Dont particularly find it funny.Peds tend to cross in bad places as well.Thats if they bother looking.

OP
OP
D

doyler78

Terminator said:
Dont particularly find it funny.Peds tend to cross in bad places as well.Thats if they bother looking.

I guess it depends on whether you consider that the reporter is cycling aggressively or not. If you do then you may feel he has got his just desserts and made a complete idiot of himself. Trying to highlight the problems that cyclists face with poor driving and narrow lanes in highly conjested roads is laudable however when your respond to that by cycling in a manner which could itself be considered dangerous doesn't do much justice to the point you are trying to make.

OP
OP
D

doyler78

Terminator said:
I'd need to watch it in real life instead of through a camera.

Cheers.

Point taken however considering this was being filmed for reporting through a camera I guess the appropriate medium is the camera through which to view it ;)

Top Bottom