This is getting ridiculous....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
So less than two weeks after my last off, I came off again this morning. On the centre white line, no cars at all coming towards me (due to temporary lights further on). Woman stepped off the pavement to my right (not from between the queueing traffic) and right in front of me. Nowhere to go but over the bars. She was concentrating on catching a bus that was stuck in the traffic behind me apparently.

A car stopped and a pedestrian came over too. All accepted it wasn't my fault. Ped wanted to catch the bus and the driver had kids in the car so I took the woman back to her house about 50 yards away. Rang her friend who was going to come over and sit with her. She seemed ok, shocked and with a bump on the head but other than that ok. I've got a sore upper right chest to balance out the cracked rib at the lower rear right of my chest. Sore hand and a couple of cuts. My only thought as I went over the bars was "Please don't let me land on my ribs"

There appears to be a curse on CCers at the mo!!

Oh and the good news, two crashes and not a scratch to my head. Wish I'd been wearing a helmet :tongue:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ouch.

How's the bike ?

You could do with an inflatable rubber ring round your chest at the moment.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Ouch.

How's the bike ?

You could do with an inflatable rubber ring round your chest at the moment.
Bike seems ok. This is the Giant thankfully. The lever was bent around but went back into place fairly easily. Back wheel seems to have a slight buckle but I'll sort that this weekend.

SWMBO may be putting a cycling ban in place at this rate!

400bhp

Guru
Gah - I had an off yesterday. Now can't look up to the right without my neck muscle going into spasm.

Bloody bikes. :cursing: although i was back on it this morning...

rb58

Enigma
Blimey Martin. Sounds like you're taking it for the whole CycleChat team at the moment! Get well soon and I hope you're not too sore in the morning...

Yeah. I hadn't had an off for 6 years before Emsworth. Now up to 2 in 2 weeks. The missus is not going to be happy!!!
If it hurts when you laugh, I'm sending you a joke book. You are catching me up lad (3 + 1 self-inflicted to date)...something of an "M urgency". You, Greg, me - there must be some crusade against beautiful people.(With you being the exception that proves the rule) :tongue:
Oh dear. Best sleep on the floor for a while, or are you handcuffed to the bed on a regular basis, BigM?
I'm going to run out of flowers that I haven't bought you at this rate - hope you feel better soon.:thumbsup:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Get well soon Martin.

Just goes to show that the old adage - 'ride like everyone's blind' is so true.

caimg

Über Member
Ouch, haven't had an off yet but the feeling of knowing you're about to have one must be grim!

Take it easy bro...

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I had two RTA accidents in quick succession back in 2002, the third one was months later, it was like it was stalking me and was the Friday night before the London marathon, but I still did it with my left leg torn up.

Your a big man, your be fine, MTFU.... ;)

Seriously though, hope your okay..

Top Bottom