This is just too kool (sorry to brag)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

but I was just watching BBC1 tonight...the last night of the proms from the Royal Albert hall & Hyde park....and right now David Gilmour is on, also live at the Royal Albert Hall....and the day after tomorrow my 13 year old son will be playing live on the same stage!!!

...Still haven't quite grasped this yet!

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Big fella !!! Let the ego down !!! :blush:
But if you can, post a bit of footage on utube, whatever and give us a link plz.

Keith Oates

Janner
You're bound to be excited and proud that you're son will be there soon, as Elmer said please try to put something on U-tube so we can share in you're pleasure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I am armed with a small minolta digicam thing which takes quicktime movie clips...I am hoping it will be good enuff. I suspect the RAH may limit th euse of cameras etc...however they are recording each act and we will try to get a copy.

Fpound out today that his is the youngest group entered...and looks like he is up against stiff competition fron a couple of music colleges and performing arts colleges....but who cares...he's as good as them:biggrin:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Good oh :ohmy::biggrin:

Proud dad mode is always a good look :blush:

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Ok...

well it was a very very cool day for everybody, especially the kids:becool:.

Unfortunately my sons ensemble/group did not win ( that honour went to a singing group from St. peters high school with a poppy rocky type tune which was pretty good, given the event i thought).

I went back stage with the kids to their allocated dressing room (no.5) and nerves were running high...but they managed to get in a couple of practice runs on the piano in the dressing room and calm down a little. They were on second out of the 10 finalists (out of about 3000 submissions apparently!)...there was a performece 10 & 5 minutes call...just like in the films...and then they walked on stage right and set up....the audiance was mainly friends familiy and teachers etc from the performing schools, the hall was not full to capacity (just the ground floor chairs really and a few side seats)...but it was still a good enough crowd to make the day 'real' for the kids.:blush::eek:

Each band got a short sound check...except ours:rolleyes:...oh well...but they just cracked on and did it anyway! They were the youngest group on the day, and the smallest (only 4 kids)...but they played very well under pressure and above all they really enjoyed the day and the experience. The singer (Amelia) was easily the best singer of the entire day, definately the next Celene Dion or Charlotte church (vocally).:ohmy::becool:

Oh..yeah...and the Prince of Bruni (sp) was a judge for some reason....so my son can now add not only a performance at the RAH to his CV but also that he has entertained royalty:rolleyes:!

I stood in the wings watching my son play on one of the most famous stages in the world...I looked out into the audiance and saw my wife crying ...it was a very emotional moment.

The event was filmed professionally by the hall. I dont know if/when/how it will be available....I suspect they will edit it and incorporate bits of it into the final show DVD...we'll have to wait and see. Private video etc was forbidden at the hall, however my brother in law did film the performance...he will burn to DVD and send to me soon, all being well.

...so...1 winning group and 9 second places was the final result...and it was a brilliant day for all involved.

I got to 'hang' with the band all day:biggrin:....today it's like...down to earth with a bump....back to school on boxing day is how it feels...oh well....but what a day for the kids!:biggrin::ohmy:

Top Bottom