This is not going well

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
F

frog

Thanks Arch and Chuffy,

I like the idea of the cat version of the 'Big Rock Candy Mountain'

Oh the buzzin' of the bees and the cigarette trees
The soda water fontain
The lemonade springs
And the blue bird sings
In the Big Rock Candy Mountain

I hope they don't give him any milk - it always made him puke if he had more than a spoonful . . .

Arch

Married to Night Train
frog said:
Thanks Arch and Chuffy,

I like the idea of the cat version of the 'Big Rock Candy Mountain'

Oh the buzzin' of the bees and the cigarette trees
The soda water fontain
The lemonade springs
And the blue bird sings
In the Big Rock Candy Mountain

I hope they don't give him any milk - it always made him puke if he had more than a spoonful . . .

Ah, but in cat heaven, that won't happen. Because everything will be perfect. And cats live again as kittens, never growing old and slow. Unless being slow and sitting in front of the fire is what they love most, in which case, that's what they get to do all day...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
frog said:
Bonno was put to sleep on Saturday morning. His kidneys were in bad shape and his arthritic hips were very painful for him.

I know it was the only decision but I still feel like Judas

It's hard - it's incredibly hard. But you did the right thing. Kidney failure is not a nice way to go, and if it hurts to move as well...
It does get easier. I cried for ages when we had to have dogs put down, but it didn't stop us getting another one, after a couple of years.I like to think of our two black labs kipping in the sun, and occasionally moving into the shade of the bone tree. That's just along from the river, and not far from the liver plantation.
Rosie and Gemma were excellent dogs.:biggrin:

*wells up slightly at memory. 8 years ago now...*

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
Ah, but in cat heaven, that won't happen. Because everything will be perfect. And cats live again as kittens, never growing old and slow. Unless being slow and sitting in front of the fire is what they love most, in which case, that's what they get to do all day...

plus a never ending length of stair carpeting and limitless leather sofas to sharpen their claws on :biggrin:

catwoman

Sorry to hear the news. It is never easy but just remember all the good things he had in life and that would have been thanks to you. He was quite elderly so had a good long life and that's something to be thankful for. Apparently the average age for mortality in cats is 8 years. This is a very young age in my opinion but the statistics are skewed because of road accidents.
He's in the happy hunting ground now probably having a great time. :smile:

TVC

Sorry to hear the news Frog. As I said in my last post, you had to take this decision as the most important responsibility you had to him. He was of course entirely unaware of his own mortality, so there should be no guilt in ending what ever pain he was feeling.
I have no doubt that just like me, in a few days the sadness will be replaced with memories of the laughs he gave you, the scrapes he got into and the ability he had to look at his most cute just after he'd done the most damage.

longers

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear about Bonno and your cat also Velvet Curtain :sad:.
As others have said very well in their replies, you did the right thing. It's a hard thing to do but it's for the best interests of the animal as in, no more pain and suffering. That is all that matters.
We all feel terrible but if you did the right thing at the right time then you have fulfilled the hardest part of your friendship.

Top Bottom