This is the best sprint of all time!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
[QUOTE 2926533, member: 9609"]yeah - should be in Gardening or Pets or something, don't want any bikes in here they just cause arguments and negativity.[/quote]

You've got it :smooch:

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Just reading the start the start of this thread. What a bunch of whiny bitches. When did this thread become a front for applicants on loose women.

OP
OP
TheLondonCyclist
The main reason he's so fast is because he's so small. He's like 5' 7" and gets his head right on the stem. So aerodynamic. I haven't seen any other rider that can get into the same position as him. They're always a few inches higher. Some other pros were mentioning the same thing in an interview.

raindog

er.....
He usually has a 53 on the front and goes down to the 11 when sprinting... some say he doesn't even go down to the 11th and it's his fast twitch muscles that get him up to speed.
I'm not sure why you've replied to me - I know what gearing is used in the peloton. I was just pointing out to Danny Tuff that 53 is standard, as he seemed surprised.

Actually, this is a bit of a weird thread :smile:

OP
OP
TheLondonCyclist
I'm not sure why you've replied to me - I know what gearing is used in the peloton. I was just pointing out to Danny Tuff that 53 is standard, as he seemed surprised.

Actually, this is a bit of a weird thread :smile:
Must have clicked reply on wrong person, sorry fella.

Cav, and his train, have already been outclassed three times this season in Dubai. He's not undisputed anymore and for his future significance check Stage 13 of last year's TDF...there you have an indication of how his future victories may have to pan out, and it implies more than a straight bunch sprint. In this stage he used sound tactical awareness to get himself into and on to the front group whilst a larger portion of the peloton were savaged by the crosswinds. None of the bunch sprint opposition - Kittel or Griepel - made it to that front group and so Cav's job was made easier.

In every pure bunch sprint since though, he has not dominated like before...

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheLondonCyclist
Cav, and his train, have already been outclassed three times this season in Dubai. He's not undisputed anymore and for his future significance check Stage 13 of last year's TDF...there you have an indication of how his future victories may have to pan out, and it implies more than a straight bunch sprint. In this stage he used sound tactical awareness to get himself into and on to the front group whilst a larger portion of the peloton was savaged by the crosswinds. None of the bunch sprint opposition - Kittel or Griepel - made it to that front group and so Cav's job was made easier.

In every pure bunch sprint since though, he has not dominated like before...
Maybe he's just getting slower too fast as he ages a year or two.

Top Bottom