THIS is the closest overtake ever!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
Yeah, my willy is way bigger than your's. Your close shave is just so far away, compared to mine. Come on children, it was f++king close, he could have been killed, what is it with measuring distances.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
That was very close and more importantly very fast. I personally don't mind close and slow, or fast with a good distance, but close and fast is what causes trouble.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
gavintc said:
Yeah, my willy is way bigger than your's. Your close shave is just so far away, compared to mine. Come on children, it was f++king close, he could have been killed, what is it with measuring distances.

+1 you beat me to it there Gavintc

Origamist

Legendary Member
upsidedown said:
That was very close and more importantly very fast. I personally don't mind close and slow, or fast with a good distance, but close and fast is what causes trouble.

Yes - speed, passing distance, road conditions and the size of the vehicle need to be considered when talking about overtaking. For example, I don't mind being passed with say 12 inches of clearance if I'm doing 5mph on the approach to traffic lights and a car driver passes me at 8mph, but I do object to being passed with 12 inches of clearance when I'm doing 20mph and the driver is doing 50mph.

dondare

Über Member
GrasB said:
I've had closer... as in the wing mirror has actually hit me! That said you certainly had justification for getting a little animated with a pass like that.

I was knocked by the wing mirror of a white van this morning, as I was waiting in a green box at a red light. The van went through on red (+ amber). Presumably I wasn't far over enough.
I've no film, but contact has to be closer than not contact.
Wasn't going very fast, tho'. The van in the clip is shifting a bit.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Lee, I can understand is taking the pee, but some of you sound like you're bragging with the "I've had closer" remarks. Who gives a ****. The point is the driver did wrong and left naff all margin of error.

Pausing at 7 seconds shows the van to be approx 20 cms from the handlebars of the rider infront, and their vehicle is already angled to the left. It looks to me like they didnt even get the right wheels over or on the center lines.

That driver deserves a slap imo. :smile:

He could have reached out and touched the door mirror.

He could have reached out and fondled the drivers c*ck. LOL!

Bandini

scouserinlondon said:
terrible driving & shows why I ride primary, even in London.

Don't you get stick off motorists - I ride a fairly strong secondary, but haven't the balls to ride primary. Should I?

I had closer than that, with someone leaning on their horn for absolutely no reason. Apart from that they were self-gratification artists.

dondare

Über Member
Do you call that a close overtake? In my young days we used to get really close overtakes, the driver would pick you pocket if you weren't careful.

GrasB

Veteran
dondare said:
I was knocked by the wing mirror of a white van this morning, as I was waiting in a green box at a red light. The van went through on red (+ amber). Presumably I wasn't far over enough.
I've no film, but contact has to be closer than not contact.
Wasn't going very fast, tho'. The van in the clip is shifting a bit.
I've had my arm knocked many a time by drivers going through on the end of the amber phase despite the fact I'm in primary & stationary.

Top Bottom