This is what happened...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

...to me today;

Decide to ride in (didnt die) :biggrin:

..things are going normal when the area manager (whos based where I am a couple of times a week) says have you any outstanding figures in regards to, work (without a big long story),..yeah hold I'll get em for you...

So, put a excel doc. on his computer - mentioning that IT was a preliminary copy (to discuss and such like) bit of time goes by..and hes on the phone ! to the company who we are in contract to, reeling off all these figures that had already been paid but on that HADNT PUT ON YET...like I said Mr A'Manager PRELIMINARY ! - Big discussion follows: yeah but Lee if yuo give me a doc them its a set of figures and I worked off them...REPLY: I didnt realise you where gonna make a call as I said a copy between us not FINAL !

F*&^%$G Dick.

Never forgive him for that !

Upto now hes been pretty ok but this has just put everything on the table for me from what Im viewing him !

Next, he goes out for petrol and comes back about an hour later !

This time last year he was quite the same excpet now hes on a third more in salary and I;m hating him all the more - like Im no bloody angel when it comes to work - I know what I know in regards to skills what i have BUT I find it truly irritating having to except, and make exceptions for people like this in life !!! ;)

Then on the way back (on the bike) some jerk points out whilst all the traffics in its usual jam/grind rush hour? (even though no one goes anywhere) "the ligts on red dick head" as I wheeled across a ped crossing in the middle lanes !

'Yuh mean pal your feeling a bit CONTAINED in your casque/vehicle rather than being FREE like me.

And it was slippy on the roads too.

..anyhow - chill :ohmy:

Don't let others lower your standards yenrod.
Always excel and you'll never be in the 'sheet' - 1,2,3,4,... ;)

I had the very same thing happen to me last year - I was asked to bring some figures detailing how far behind schedule we were (nice - have me working on metrics, instead of on the problem) I quickly brought up some stats and fired them off to my line manager.

I recieved an e-mail later with direct reference to the figures, they had gone way up management and been shown to the parallel team in the US who would be taking up the slack when England closed for the night!!

After that I made sure I slapped "DRAFT" over anything that wasn't ready yet.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Well, Jacomus - I' definately will be keeping this in mind for the future as as Mr AreaManager has recently made some changes which include respecting the depot manager (how can I when he just about respects me ;))) be more professional how the hell do you do that when youve know everyone for over 18months and theres only 6 at the bleedin' depot including me...?

One of the mechanics is a slim shady, another pretty ok quite balanced scottish chap, some wide-mouth scouser and the depot manager who's just gone thru 'the powers gone to my head' faze now he knows the AM said on his behalf that we all have to honour him as 'the boss' [die laughing on my back smiley]

Crazy, crazy, crazy !

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
I had the very same thing happen to me last year - I was asked to bring some figures detailing how far behind schedule we were (nice - have me working on metrics, instead of on the problem) I quickly brought up some stats and fired them off to my line manager.

I recieved an e-mail later with direct reference to the figures, they had gone way up management and been shown to the parallel team in the US who would be taking up the slack when England closed for the night!!

After that I made sure I slapped "DRAFT" over anything that wasn't ready yet.

Ooooh! Preliminary figures are only to be given out when it can be used to your advantage as it's a dead cert that they'll be used as soon as you issue them. Therefore they should be saved for occasions when there's a meeting in which your manager will use them and at which you will be present. At that point you hand out the real figures....

Now how you use that to gain an advantage depends on too many variables to go into here but suffice to say it's standard technique when training your manager to manage you the way you want him to and not the way he's read in a management book/course. Other techniques can divulged for a fee ;)

Noodley

From reading these replies I am so glad I do not work in a business which attaches numerary value to staff efforts.

Top Bottom