This jogging malarkey!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nappadang

nappadang

Über Member
I'll not have my bike back tomorrow so I guess I'll be at it again after work. I may reassess the situation if my legs are still killing me in the morning.
I'm beginning to think being a fatty was a lot less hassle

screenman

Legendary Member
I used to enjoy running, unfortunately arthritis has meant that cycling and swimming is now my only proper workouts.

Tin Pot

Guru
Wow, I feel better hearing that. My legs are bl**dy killing me but maybe worth it.
Don't listen to the cyclists - running is fine and you're body gets used to it quicker than you'd think. Just run easy.

If you're interested in weight loss, you'll burn far more calories this way than cycling, and you have no weather/traffic/lighting concerns.

OP
OP
nappadang

nappadang

Über Member
Anyone who does any exercise regardless of what that is is doing well, especially when so many people do nothing. Well done nappadang and good luck.
Thank you for those kind words of encouragement . If I'm honest, I probably started this thread in the hope that I'd get some positive replies, in order to spur me on. So far, I've not been disappointed

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
In July, I could have done with one of those. I had a cracking pair of moobs. Gone now, thank god.

:laugh: well done for losing the weight.

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
6km in 30 mins first time out is pretty damn impressive. You may have some natural talent!
I like running because it is something I can do with the Mrs (she will NOT get on a bike for love nor money). Just wear proper running shoes, warm up by walking a few minutes before each run, and go for it!

OP
OP
nappadang

nappadang

Über Member
6km in 30 mins first time out is pretty damn impressive. You may have some natural talent!
I like running because it is something I can do with the Mrs (she will NOT get on a bike for love nor money). Just wear proper running shoes, warm up by walking a few minutes before each run, and go for it!
Natural talent? I doubt that. According to runtastic my exact time and distance was 5.92 km in 31min 19 seconds, so I may have over egged things slightly in my initial post. :blush:

Justiffa

For me personally, running is what keeps me in shape.. its when I slog it all out & sweat like a hog. its the time for me to chase all my demons and get my head cleared.

Whereas I look upon cycling, as in aerobic dance, as my feel good exercise options - going around discovering new places, goofing with my buddies, careening downhill.... it all makes me feel like a kid again lol, just as aerobics & all that shaking to the music makes me deliriously happy :dance::girldance::bicycle: :girldance::dance:

Top Bottom