this just about sums up how i feel...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've only been on it for a couple of months, after everybody else seemed to be exchanging info and pics on it - can't say I'm overly impressed, and the constant requests where you end up having to add more applications that you can then only use if you first bombard your friends with them are really doing my head in!!!! :wacko::smile:

simonali

Guru
punkypossum said:
...and the constant requests where you end up having to add more applications that you can then only use if you first bombard your friends with them are really doing my head in!!!! :wacko:xx(

Best join this group then!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=22656145393

My eldest is doing the year round Australia working holiday thing and has been putting photos and updates on facebook, which has been nice. So I suppose these sort of sites do have some use if you ignore all the rubbish.

Canrider

Guru
Or you could, you know, *not* add applications that force you to invite 20 friends before you can use them..

There's about a 3 month learning curve for most (adults) on FB: three months in which you start out adding everything you're invited to, after which you wisen up and remove all the dross and have a useable profile.

Of course, if you are needy daft enough to add every person who tries to 'friend request' you, you deserve to be spammed with stupid app requests.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
punkypossum said:
I've only been on it for a couple of months, after everybody else seemed to be exchanging info and pics on it - can't say I'm overly impressed, and the constant requests where you end up having to add more applications that you can then only use if you first bombard your friends with them are really doing my head in!!!! :wacko:;)

yea just hit the ignore button. no one's gonna get offended coz no one keeps track.

SamNichols

I hate the whole thing. I hate the way students use it, the way they take up all of the library computers pissing about on it. I hate the way people don't invite you to things anymore as they facebook invite you and forget you don't have it. I hate the whole goddamned farce that keeps it going: the illusion that it is actually beneficial to one's life.

SamNichols said:
I hate the whole thing. I hate the way students use it, the way they take up all of the library computers pissing about on it. I hate the way people don't invite you to things anymore as they facebook invite you and forget you don't have it. I hate the whole goddamned farce that keeps it going: the illusion that it is actually beneficial to one's life.

Come on Sam - don't beat about the bush...;):tongue:

Top Bottom