This looks a good roadbike for £600

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
wow...I secodn that!

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Didn't Aldi sell the Focus brand in Ireland?

I remember seeing an Ultegra Focus bike for about €1000

I got my full 105 Raleigh Avanti U6 Pro for under £500 from a Shop in York.

Bargains can be found.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Typed in Road Bike instead of Lights by mistake did we Banjo? :whistle: And what's wrong with the Scott?

Bloody hell Lardy I thought my better half had signed up to cyclechat when i read your reply :biggrin: :biggrin: The only thing that lets my Scott down is the rider so only window shopping really...........

tiswas-steve

Über Member
Ohhhhhhhhh man ... why did the OP bring this to my attention, I dont need but I want !!! Damn this addiction
cool.gif

mangaman

Hi everyone.

I rode a proper racing bike from about 1986 to 2000 when it got knicked

I then got into MTBing and haven't had a bike with drob handlebars and a proper road bike position.

I remember when I 1st got one, getting used to the positioning on the bike was the hardest thing, having previously used a "sit up and beg" commuter - which I use around town now.

I want another proper road bike, but would be nervous about buying one off the interweb because of the big differences I remember in body postion. I may be being paranoid, but would I be better getting a LBS to let me try out a decentish bike 1st to see if I've still got the old magic in the legs on a real bike ;)

I'd be worried about buying a bike which wasn't set up for me personally - aged early 40s and a reasonably fit MTBer but off the bike for 2 years (except commuting because of a knee problem).

Cheers

D

Deleted member 1258

Hi everyone.

I rode a proper racing bike from about 1986 to 2000 when it got knicked

I then got into MTBing and haven't had a bike with drob handlebars and a proper road bike position.

I remember when I 1st got one, getting used to the positioning on the bike was the hardest thing, having previously used a "sit up and beg" commuter - which I use around town now.

I want another proper road bike, but would be nervous about buying one off the interweb because of the big differences I remember in body postion. I may be being paranoid, but would I be better getting a LBS to let me try out a decentish bike 1st to see if I've still got the old magic in the legs on a real bike ;)

I'd be worried about buying a bike which wasn't set up for me personally - aged early 40s and a reasonably fit MTBer but off the bike for 2 years (except commuting because of a knee problem).

Cheers

I brought my Pearson on line almost three years ago, I used my Dawes as a template. Compared the dimensions on the Pearson website to the dimensions on the Dawes and used the comparison to pick the frame size and stem length, I also spoke to Pearson and took advice from them. When the Pearson arrived I set the saddle at the same height as the Dawes then fine tuned it over the first few rides, and did the same with the handle bars. The Pearson fits very well and is comfortable.

Top Bottom