This may be the best picture you will ever see....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Ok, not a real photo, but it is a nice "image". But thread title does say "picture"

Pete

The most amazing 'moon + another' shot that I have ever seen, was an image of the moon occulting Uranus* in September last year. It was done by an amateur astronomer based in Australia. To get a clear rendering of two objects whose brightnesses differ by a factor of 20 million - that takes some doing and a lot of 'adjustment' of the image, but unlike the OP, it was a genuine image of a genuine event. It was a beautiful image in full colour. Alas - the picture is no longer on the forum where it was posted and I don't know where to find a link.

*OK OK let's have the tiresome 'Uranus' jokes over and done with!

Pete

Kirstie said:
Very good shot. Were you eating a Cadbury's chocolate finger when you took the shot? It seems to have got in the way of the camera :blush:
No - I think he was just pleased to see the moon...

IGMC...

Canrider

Guru
I've seen photos of Saturn during a grazing occultation by the Moon. Would have been in an astro magazine circa 1989. Will see if anything's online anywheres..
Edit: Humph. As it turns out there was a grazing occultation visible from the UK this past March.

Top Bottom