1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Morning's Glorious Commute

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Tetedelacourse, 4 Mar 2008.

1. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Few snaps this morning taken from the Forth Road Bridge (and one dodgy one in the mirror:biggrin:)

this morning

2. There's one of those photos where it looks like you're holding your bobby!!

3. "Access denied", it must be very dodgy xx(

4. OP
    OP
    Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Well no-one else will:sad:

5. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

it was wasn't it, cold but not too cold and bright and clear

and I went like a dervish for no apparent reason, changed the seat at the weekend and got it a bit closer to the right setup today

very enjoyable indeed

6. Maz

Maz Guru

Nice picture, Tete. Well done.
    Mobile phone or camera?

7. it was wasn't it, cold but not too cold and bright and clear

It wasn't at 330am.

8. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

I'm sure you're right, I'm always surprised at how quickly it warms up in the morning at this time of year

enjoy, I can assure you I've paid my dues on the small hours front

9. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Glorious commute this evening, the fastest time this year despite the road works in Newington. Nice photies Tetedelacourse, smart looking jersey...;)

10. Good photos Tete. I was over the bridge to go to Mossmorran in the Kingdom this morning. Unfortunately I was driving:sad:

11. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

The view on my commute isn't that good..... smashing !!!!

12. Kirst

Kirst Well-Known Member

Those, and the ones on Slateford Road (same thing, new gas mains being laid) are driving me crazy.

Lovely photos.

13. trio25

trio25 Über Member

Great photos. It was a lovely day for riding.

14. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

Lovely to see the sun come up as I rode in this morning.

Biggest surprise for me was the new swimming pool that had appeared overnight under the railway bridge near Macro, blocking off the road from South Gyle. I just got there as the local plod were frantically trying to divert traffic, and one of the men who'd arrived to continue digging up the road for the tram works was on his mobile saying, "You'll NEVER believe what's happened overnight !"

Soon be able to come in without lights again; where are the months all going ?

15. gavintc

gavintc Guru

Well tonight's ride home was late but pleasant. We had the big boss up from London and could not leave till 6.15. The little lane between Kirkliston and Barnton is closed to traffic (but cycleable), so it was most pleasant not to be battling with the cars. Lovely, I hope the repair works hits some problems and it remains closed for a couple of months.