This mornings idiot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

I looked at a few cycle-cam videos on YouTubeYou but so many were a waste of bandwidth I gave up. I think in the long run these cameras will prove to be a benefit to cyclists but crying wolf all the time is counter-productive.

Mr Pig said:
I looked at a few cycle-cam videos on YouTubeYou but so many were a waste of bandwidth I gave up. I think in the long run these cameras will prove to be a benefit to cyclists but crying wolf all the time is counter-productive.

I agree, contacting the police too often will not help. That's why I have only contacted them once since I have had my cameras (had a camera for about 2.5 years now).

Are you suggesting I am wasting bandwidth?....:biggrin::biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Mr Pig said:
the car was driving very slowly

I'm mostly with your point of view, but in fairness to Cab, I think the only reason the motorist was driving so slowly was because Cab owned the lane and forced them to stop. I regularly see similar bullying when going down a narrow road with parked cars both sides, and the only way to avoid problems seems to be to own the lane and force the driver to slow down, before passing safely to the side.

Mr Pig

BentMikey said:
I regularly see similar bullying and the only way to avoid problems seems to be to own the lane and force the driver to slow down

I agree. It's the same when driving a car. You need to be assertive without becoming a bully yourself.

snorri

Legendary Member
What do the majority of cyclists tend to do when travelling in the other direction on this street?
Do they wait for a gap in motorised traffic or press on carefully in the knowledge that they can squeeze through anyway?

wlc1

I think you come across as a bit of a cycling Hitler. There is a difference between informing someone of a mistake ( it wasn't even close - he braked to a stop also)and lecturing someone until they appoligise.

There was masses of room to pass him - you put your hand up very very early, maybe keep both hands on the bars and ride past him.

Not me being critical just an observation. I would have had words with you if that was me in that car.

wlc1

Having watched your other videos you love a row with drivers don't you. You say "it's all on video" - what are you going to do with the footage ? Go to the police if your that worried - Believe me they will do someone about it if the evidence is good enough.

Chill or one day some bloke is going to get out and lump the crap out of you.

Happy riding

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I'd have to enter another vote for 'There was plenty of room (based on watching the cyclist ahead of you go through) and the driver slowed to a safe speed for the two of you to pass safely'.

Ben (another London cyclist, so perhaps that's the common thread)

And another London cyclist.
The rider in front went through the gap between truck and bus with you in tow into the clear space ahead, then, elbows out, past the car 'driving at you'.
Be assertive, not stupid Cab - and, to use your brakes and steering effectively, you really need both hands on the bars.
Cheer up and share the road.
PS Toe your brakes in - they squeak. :becool:

dondare

Über Member
The cyclist in front didn't seem to have any difficulty getting through but then they were riding much closer to the curb and the bollards than I would have liked to be doing myself. The road at that point has been made with room for traffic travelling in one direction at a time and Cab did have priority.
Having said that, I'd have let it go.

Top Bottom