This mornings score

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

37. Not bad. I mean, its good for any other time of the year, but with the number of new students out on the roads I would normally expext to overtake more than that on the way to work in a morning.

I can't be the only person to keep score of how many cyclists overtaken on the ride to work, can I?

ChrisKH

Guru
Er, Nil. It would have been 1, but he was a RLJ'er. So few people ride in my part of the world (until you get to the City) it serves no purpose.

ChrisW

Cab said:
37. Not bad. I mean, its good for any other time of the year, but with the number of new students out on the roads I would normally expext to overtake more than that on the way to work in a morning.

I can't be the only person to keep score of how many cyclists overtaken on the ride to work, can I?

Much easier to count those overtaking me...zero! :biggrin: So macho!

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

ChrisW said:
Much easier to count those overtaking me...zero! :biggrin: So macho!

:biggrin:

I rekon that most experienced cyclists would have a low score on this. When you think about the speed difference between most of us, I would rekon that there would be very few overtakings. Its the people pootling along slowly that really rack up a big score for overtakings.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
What is a BentMikey moment? I tend not to shout at drivers, at least I try not to. It's not nearly as effective as asking them nicely and politely to do it differently next time.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not many.... until I shot two POBS out of the frame near work today - OK one is a regular, but the other older lady was a liability in traffic......

To be honest don't get that many other commuters - east/west commute in south manchester isn't that common, and despite I commute to a Uni ca,pus, I am first arrive and leave.... no bikes on arrival, 50-100 mid day, then no bikes when I leave...... blew a nice Cannondale road bike out last night... shame...didn't have the time to tell him I was a roadie as I flew passed on the MTB commuter...evil or what !

BentMikey said:
What is a BentMikey moment? I tend not to shout at drivers, at least I try not to. It's not nearly as effective as asking them nicely and politely to do it differently next time.

Joking mate.It was after the Bus video but I was just joshing.:biggrin:

After the cab driver had done what I thought he might do I tried to stop him cutting me up by narrowing the angle but the comedian still managed to nip in.Fantastic manoeuvre if I may so so but bloody annoying.I decided to pursue it further by telling him what a tit he was and that he had only got 50 yards to be stuck in traffic.He didn't answer me which was surprising although I was ready for any crap comment.As I was so close to him he could have thrown a punch although if he had it would probably kicked off.(I was wound up and pissed off)As I was in heavy traffic (non moving) it would not have been such a good career move from him.

I think the reason he still did it even though I tried to prevent the predictable irritated me like mad.

Why are people so stupid as to put others at risk to save a few seconds?

RLJers can fall into this category.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I actually never swore at that bus driver, I was pretty matter of fact with him. Much easier to do when you know a letter is going off to his employer.

Top Bottom