This music reminds me of...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
This reminds me of being allowed to stay up late and watch the Apollo 11 moon landing - as I recall, they used this as the theme tune for the James Burke coverage.

It is better known for being used as part of the music for 2001 A Space Odyssey, but that isn't what came to mind when I heard it on the car radio this morning.

So what tunes remind you of which events ???

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
There was a club in Ilford called The Growling Budgie back in the early seventies. This record was playing the night I met a French girl who became the first big love of my life. It still makes me feel wistful when I hear it today. I've never bought the record because that would spoil it.

I wonder where she is now? :scratch:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJV2pWFyfn4

There was a club in Ilford called The Growling Budgie back in the early seventies. This record was playing the night I met a French girl who became the first big love of my life. It still makes me feel wistful when I hear it today. I've never bought the record because that would spoil it.

Ha, pull a girl whilst singing a song about a man treating his wife and kids like crap and then leaving them!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
This reminds me of being allowed to stay up late and watch the Apollo 11 moon landing - as I recall, they used this as the theme tune for the James Burke coverage.

It is better known for being used as part of the music for 2001 A Space Odyssey, but that isn't what came to mind when I heard it on the car radio this morning.

So what tunes remind you of which events ???

That tune music reminds me of Elvis at The International!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Chris de Burgh makes me cry too. Gawd he's farking awful.

Oldbloke

Guru

Used to play this at The Room at the Top in Ilford too, early 70's

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Old Bloke,

The Room was another haunt of mine in those days. Remember the house band, Ross Mitchell and The Nocturns?

EDIT: My mistake, Ross Mitchell was the house band at Tiffanys over the road.

Last edited:

Oldbloke

Guru
Old Bloke,

The Room was another haunt of mine in those days. Remember the house band, Ross Mitchell and The Nocturns?

EDIT: My mistake, Ross Mitchell was the house band at Tiffanys over the road.

Don't recall live music there, probably because I would have been in an alcohol haze by the time I went in. Do remember seeing West Ham players in there...and waiting forever for service at the bar!

Top Bottom