This one is very nice...one uncareful owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member

I think it's gross, especially due to the saddle and wheel reflectors.

Emmie

Wonder if he realises that if he got Ant or Dec to ride his bike it would be worth three times as much ;)
Three times?!! I would say more like five if they rode it! But that's just me being picky! I get the impression you don't like anyone owning a bike ridden by someone well known! ;)

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I get the impression you don't like anyone owning a bike ridden by someone well known! ;)

I currently own a bike ridden by Mark Renshaw while at team Highroad, I also stated that I would buy specific bikes ridden by Mark Cavendish at a blink of an eye.. I have also owned a ex-team Sky dogma myself.... Your impression is wrong.

Boy1608

I currently own a bike ridden by Mark Renshaw while at team Highroad, I also stated that I would buy specific bikes ridden by Mark Cavendish at a blink of an eye.. I have also owned a ex-team Sky dogma myself.... Your impression is wrong.
So just a kill joy then? ^_^

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
So just a kill joy then? ^_^

Not sure why I'm a kill joy.. If some fanboy wants such a bike, that's great.. In fact when you read back I actually stated that I Hope it finds itself in the hands of a fanboy and someone who will really appreciate and enjoy the bike.
Personally I'm not enthralled or place additional value on a bike based upon who has ridden it, my Renshaw bike was purchased because I was interested to see how Highroad implemented the Di2. As stated I would only be interested in buying specific Cavendish bikes and the reason for that is I remain interested in the features they have.

If it means a great deal to someone to sniff a seat Wiggo has sat on, then I'm seriously pleased for them, but IMHO its just a bike, the same as you can buy from any dealer and Wiggo is just a bloke..... I genuinely don't care who has ridden my bikes and I'm not going to get excited about it.

If a bike ridden by someone famous makes it more desirable then Jimmy Saviles collection must be a steal :laugh:
http://road.cc/content/news/60953-sir-jimmy-saviles-bicycle-collection-auction-leeds-later-month

Boy1608

Not sure why I'm a kill joy.. If some fanboy wants such a bike, that's great.. In fact when you read back I actually stated that I Hope it finds itself in the hands of a fanboy and someone who will really appreciate and enjoy the bike.
Personally I'm not enthralled or place additional value on a bike based upon who has ridden it, my Renshaw bike was purchased because I was interested to see how Highroad implemented the Di2. As stated I would only be interested in buying specific Cavendish bikes and the reason for that is I remain interested in the features they have.

If it means a great deal to someone to sniff a seat Wiggo has sat on, then I'm seriously pleased for them, but IMHO its just a bike, the same as you can buy from any dealer and Wiggo is just a bloke..... I genuinely don't care who has ridden my bikes and I'm not going to get excited about it.

If a bike ridden by someone famous makes it more desirable then Jimmy Saviles collection must be a steal :laugh:
http://road.cc/content/news/60953-sir-jimmy-saviles-bicycle-collection-auction-leeds-later-month
Ok

Boy1608

For me personally, no.
Can't say that I'm a fan, he won the TdF because Sky wanted and needed him to, however Froome imho was well capable of winning on the form he showed but followed the team line and supported Wiggo.. Imho the best man came second.
Wiggo is a decent time trial rider and deserved the Olympics win but personally the world champion Tony Martin impresses me more for this discipline in general
Wiggo is a complex character and I do not warm to him, I personally prefer the most successful road rider from the UK to him.

On this quote, can I ask a question!? :rolleyes: I can see you are Cav fanboy.. and I think the guy is a legend, but you say here that Wiggins only one cos Sky wanted him to and his team "toed the line". But as a sprinter, isnt' that exactly what they do for Cav!?

In his book, which they talk about on the BBC site today, it says "as he looked for a team that would back his aim to win sprint stages and points jerseys". So would he be so successful if others didn't toe the line and put him in the best position to win? He still has to be brilliant to win, but then again, so did Wiggins in the other 3000 odd kms.

I can tell you don't like Wiggins, and thats fair enough, we all warm to whoever. but thats doesn't mean you demean the achievement any more than Cav's 23 stage wins mean any less cos he had help. it's a team sport whether for the whole thing or just the sprints. Just a thought and not having a pop...^_^

Top Bottom