"This Page Intentionally Left Blank"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Twenty Inch said:
But it never is blank, is it?

It always has "This page intentionally left blank" printed on it. So it's contradicting itself into the bargain.
Like the poster that was stuck to the wall in my gf's old house, saying 'do not stick posters on this wall'

papercorn2000

I have cunningly overcome the problem of creating too many documents which will never be read by tactically running out of ink in my printer and never replacing it.

OP
OP
P

Pete

Twenty Inch said:
But it never is blank, is it?

It always has "This page intentionally left blank" printed on it. So it's contradicting itself into the bargain.
Like the man shipwrecked on a 'desert island' yeah? As soon as he stumbles ashore the island is no longer 'desert'.

I think the statement should be "This page intentionally left with this sentence and no other written upon it"

Anyway I was referring to an internal company document, not for publication. We use paragraph numbering to identify parts of the document, and that's totally unaffected by any pagination, so insertion of blank pages makes no sense whatever. Paragraph outline numbering may make a document look all legalese, admittedly, but sure as hell makes it easier to put a citation of it in a different document.

I'm still mystified...

Top Bottom