This Part May Require Some Force To Remove...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slioch

Guru
I have a recent bicycle manual in the garage and it gets used reasonably frequently, however for more complex stuff I go to Youtube.

tyred

Legendary Member
I have an old one on the MK1 Golf and it a truely excellent book with real photographs of things and detailed diagrams, easy to follow and very helpful.

I also have one for the Peugeot 205 which is nowhere as detailed and not really worth bothering with. I think they weren't as good as time went on.

I also possess one for a Fiat Uno and I'm not really sure why I have it as I have never owned a Fiat Uno in my life:wacko:

subaqua

What’s the point
You can't beat working on a critical part of a Vauxhall Astra, turning the page at a crucial moment of the repair to be faced with a picture of an Allegro engine bay. You never got that sort of laugh with the clinically accurate Clymer manuals.

Any half decent engineer would have read the manual before starting the operation to ensure they had the tools and consumables required ...

subaqua

What’s the point
The early ones were much better. Half decent wiring diagrams with correct colours shown

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I used to find them invaluable, in fact I still can't resist looking at them when I come across one at a book or car boot stall.

The Haynes manual for a Tiger tank is a remarkably good read (no, I've never owned one!) all about the story of one which was recovered in North Africa.

I noticed one for a Stuka in The Works the other day.

I used to find them invaluable, in fact I still can't resist looking at them when I come across one at a book or car boot stall.

The Haynes manual for a Tiger tank is a remarkably good read (no, I've never owned one!) all about the story of one which was recovered in North Africa.

I noticed one for a Stuka in The Works the other day.
Yes , there quite a few interesting ones. I have the Typhoon , Vulcan, Concorde, Spitfire , Hurricane, ME 109. They are very good if you want to super detail your models.

Top Bottom