This story made me sick!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Link to Cov Telegraph not working?

darthpaul

13 Years for running someone down to their death intentionally, sorry but that doesnt seem like justice to me, but thats our legal system for you.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
"jailed for life"
"told he would serve at least 13 years before he would be considered for release"

Er, what?

jimboalee

The road where this incident happened COULD be used on the Audax Midland Mesh string between Stratford upon Avon and Measham.

I have not used it. I use the A46 trunk road between Stonebridge and Whitley, the Coventry ringroad and then The Bedworth bypass to Nuneaton.

Cyclist33

I am not condoning the driver in any sense but I did wonder why the cyclist didn't stop to acknowledge the damage he caused and offer reparations..?

Moodyman

Legendary Member
The motorists' reaction was unjustifiably disproportionate, but I agree with Cyclist33, I would see red mist if a cyclist did that and buggered off.

I read the story a few days ago and it looks like the Cyclist then had a second opportunity to sort things out and he did a runner again.

Again, in no way condoning the motorist actions, but this could have ended a lot better than it did.

Top Bottom