This story made me sick!

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Vincealot, 9 May 2010.

1. Vincealot

Vincealot New Member

The story is sickening. I only read about it today. A Coventry cyclist was killed by a motorist in a fit of road rage. The driver this time however was charged with murder and sentanced to life.

Read the story here

2. Bromptonaut

Bromptonaut Rohan Man

Link to Cov Telegraph not working?

3. OP
    OP
    Vincealot

Vincealot New Member

try now

4. darthpaul

darthpaul Well-Known Member

13 Years for running someone down to their death intentionally, sorry but that doesnt seem like justice to me, but thats our legal system for you.

5. benb

benb Evidence based cyclist

"jailed for life"
    "told he would serve at least 13 years before he would be considered for release"

Er, what?

6. jimboalee

jimboalee New Member

The road where this incident happened COULD be used on the Audax Midland Mesh string between Stratford upon Avon and Measham.

I have not used it. I use the A46 trunk road between Stonebridge and Whitley, the Coventry ringroad and then The Bedworth bypass to Nuneaton.

7. Crankarm

Crankarm Guru

8. Cyclist33

Cyclist33 Guest

I am not condoning the driver in any sense but I did wonder why the cyclist didn't stop to acknowledge the damage he caused and offer reparations..?

9. Moodyman

Moodyman Guru

The motorists' reaction was unjustifiably disproportionate, but I agree with Cyclist33, I would see red mist if a cyclist did that and buggered off.

I read the story a few days ago and it looks like the Cyclist then had a second opportunity to sort things out and he did a runner again.

Again, in no way condoning the motorist actions, but this could have ended a lot better than it did.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice