This Summer's fashion faux-pas....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Guess most of us have had a holiday by now.

So, what were some of the worst holiday/summer fashions seen on the beaches and boulevards of the world?

My perrenial faves are:

Football strips (leave them for the stadiums or boys nights in with MOTD)
Anything "Engerland" Logo'd
White trousers on men (How gay is that?)
White swimming trunks (How George Michael is that?)

My new ones:

3/4 length trousers on males over 14 years old who-ever thought that was a good look for fat shaven-head pasty faced 40 some-things?

Crocs...only for children of the Kensington and Chelsea set only...up to the age of 10.

Girls...wearing your pyjama's "out"...oh, puhleease...:biggrin:

Any more offers?

Hugo15

Über Member
Agree with you 100% on the Crocs. I just don't get why people would choose to wear plastic clogs.

longers

Legendary Member
I just started setting out my clothes in preparation for my holiday next week and only fall foul of one of your faux-pas.

longers

Legendary Member
Out of my 7 North End shirts I'm thinking of taking 3. :biggrin:

We're not a big club and anyone who recognises one will either babble on about Tom Finney or hopefully tell me our manager has been sacked in my absence.:biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
It's all seating now (:biggrin:), so they've passed into history, like the ability to create scoring opportunities.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

longers said:
You were hoping I was into white speedoes or trousers weren't you?

I was hoping for photos at least :biggrin:

Oh, look what Google turned-up http://www.whitespeedos.com/
and bet this guy also has a footie shirt as well...
http://www.jaunted.com/story/2006/7...avid+Beckham+and+Posh+Ditch+Brood+for+Speedos

longers

Legendary Member
Kinky bugger :biggrin:.

As a dog owner white troos have never been an option.

I did wear a pair of sky blue shorts on the beach once and only after walking a mile or so along it, in and out the water did a young Indian lad say "Hey big feller!". They were very see through when wet. I bought a very cheap t-shirt immediately.:biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
I've just read your edit Fab!

A mate was the marketing manager for Speedo and I wonder if he has seen that site.:blush:
He sent me a very small pair of tri-shorts once and you could lip-read me in them (and I'm a bloke).:biggrin:
It's much better since he got a job at New Balance.:biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
longers said:

A mate was the marketing manager for Speedo and I wonder if he has seen that site.:biggrin:

I've just had a closer look at that site :biggrin:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

longers said:

He sent me a very small pair of tri-shorts once and you could lip-read me in them (and I'm a bloke).:biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin:
Thanks, I've just gobbed a mouthfull of tea over my keyboard! Oeer missus

got-to-get-fit

Those T-Shirts seem to be back again......you know the ones ..."Frankie says relax" "choose life" etc etc

Also what is it with those Ugg boot things ...they make your feet look like a yeti. My wife wants a pair and now she is lying around the house with a face full of injuries i feel just sorry enough for her to buy them. However then i saw the price tag of £170 and my sympathy evaporated.

longers

Legendary Member
got-to-get-fit said:
Those T-Shirts seem to be back again......you know the ones ..."Frankie says relax" "choose life" etc etc

Also what is it with those Ugg boot things ...they make your feet look like a yeti. My wife wants a pair and now she is lying around the house with a face full of injuries i feel just sorry enough for her to buy them. However then i saw the price tag of £170 and my sympathy evaporated.

I'm sure you can find some genuine fake ones on the local market for a fraction of the cost.

I will also be wearing socks and sandals if the weather isn't quite right.
(Definately not white socks pulled up to mid calf though - that's really wrong)

Top Bottom