This weather - How warm is it!!! Phew!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
RSV_Ecosse

RSV_Ecosse

jimboalee said:
This is called 'Solar gain'. When the sun shines, cyclists save calories.:ohmy:

Never heard that before. So when its hot and sunny we burn less calories out on a ride?. :biggrin:

Also, in this weather once you get home how many others are seriously tempted to swap their normal recovery drink for a nice cold "recovery Stella" whilst sat cooling down in the back garden?. :biggrin:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Wonderful sun. But too b---dy windy the last two days! And always a headwind! Today promises light winds - at last.

Crankarm

Guru
Hot??! When?? The last few days have been warmer but no way hot. The chill strong northerly wind has made what should be a pleasant warm 24-26C feel like 14C ;).

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
jimboalee said:
Sunshine has an energy content. Watts per square meter. Something to do with a bath of water 10mm deep. I've had a look at yesterday's weather station data from the proving ground HQ Solarimeter.

There was a one o'clock high of 273 W/m^2.

This is called 'Solar gain'. When the sun shines, cyclists save calories.;)

You must have odd weather, for much of the last week solar intensity has reached far higher than that. It's about 800 W m^2 round here right now and has been just about every day for hours on end.

RSV_Ecosse said:
Never heard that before. So when its hot and sunny we burn less calories out on a ride?. ;)

Also, in this weather once you get home how many others are seriously tempted to swap their normal recovery drink for a nice cold "recovery Stella" whilst sat cooling down in the back garden?. B)
<shyly raises a hand>

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Look it's nice out there stop moaning. I'm off work until tomorrow, that's when the weather is going to get cool (so says metcheck).....so soak it up now.....

jimboalee

marinyork said:
You must have odd weather, for much of the last week solar intensity has reached far higher than that. It's about 800 W m^2 round here right now and has been just about every day for hours on end.

Hmmm...

I wonder if they know they are a country mile out.

scottyD

Moaning about the weather! Spare a thought for those of it stuck in an office out of the sun shine wondering when they might get around to discovering air con around here... I went out last night at about 8pm around some country lanes. I discovered that at that time of day, you get a free meal of a variety of winged insects free of charge. can't argue with that........

jimboalee

marinyork said:

Where's your info from?

I'll raise the issue with the Track Control Superindendant.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
A proper weather station. Solar intensity is still about 400 W m^2 around here now in the later afternoon, with lots of clouds.

jimboalee

marinyork said:
A proper weather station. Solar intensity is still about 400 W m^2 around here now in the later afternoon, with lots of clouds.

Which weather station?

What is it's NAMAS certificate number?

Top Bottom