This weather - How warm is it!!! Phew!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RSV_Ecosse

Went out today and did a 26 mile loop. First time out for any reasonable distance in this current good run of weather and boy was it warm ( for Scotland anyway ) !!.

Took 2 bottles of SiS Go with me thinking I would have plenty left when I got back home - Not so!!. Roads very quiet this afternoon and it was great to get out for a leisurely ride. Trip comp said 26.3 miles covered at an average of 16.4mph and it took me 1 hour 34 mins. Keeping in mind I'm a novice I'm quite chuffed with that. ;)

Brilliant days ride, glad I decided to put work on hold and get out for a run. Passed quite a few cyclists out doing the same thing as well. Anyone else been out in the past day or so in this glorious weather?.

johnnyh

Veteran
am off out this evening, and have managed to ride most days, including twice yesterday.... one word of advice... Sunblock! ;)

just4fun

nice one on getting out in he sun and good times too.
i've been on night shifts so i've missed it all but am hoping wednesday is still nice as im off then and am planning along one (well for me anyway)

Garz

Squat Member
Got the best out of the weather this weekend and done two rides for about 50 miles in the glorious sunshine! Problem I heard now is by the coming weekend the weathers gonna get turd! >;)

Randochap

Senior hunter
From one fungus-friendly climate to another, I say: Enjoy it while you can.

As a late English poet once said:

If the sun don't come you get a tan from standing in the English [no offense meant] rain."

Goo goo ga joob.

Randochap

Senior hunter
Garz said:
Got the best out of the weather this weekend and done two rides for about 50 miles in the glorious sunshine! Problem I heard now is by the coming weekend the weathers gonna get turd! >:biggrin:

We have this kind of affliction here as well. We call it West Coast optimism. It persists on the sunniest of days.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
johnnyh said:
am off out this evening, and have managed to ride most days, including twice yesterday.... one word of advice... Sunblock! :biggrin:

not suprised with that pastey white skin!

Up here it's been hovering just under 30! :biggrin:

The temp. 30 mins ago was 26, but now it's a balmy 22, so I might be able to get to sleep.

gbb

Legendary Member
Warmer the better...i seem to thrive on it.
I remember the 2007 summer....32 degrees and a 45mile run at 17mph average (IIRC).
At a few points, you could hear the tarmac sticking to your tyres as you went through particually hot patches. Sounded like you were riding through cornflakes :biggrin:

snorri

Legendary Member
HLaB said:
I must be cold blooded, this weather is too hot for me; hopefully the temp has went down slightly before the club run tomorrow night.
Agreed, it's too hot for cycling, thank goodness for the cooling sea breeze in the afternoon. I was out without my jacket on today, it's no natural.;)

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Moaning about the heat? It must be a scottish thing! Rode twice today and it was around 24/25 bit of a breeze but fantastic weather, although I didnt half get a sweat on!

jimboalee

Sunshine has an energy content. Watts per square meter. Something to do with a bath of water 10mm deep. I've had a look at yesterday's weather station data from the proving ground HQ Solarimeter.

There was a one o'clock high of 273 W/m^2.

This is called 'Solar gain'. When the sun shines, cyclists save calories.:ohmy:

Top Bottom