This weeks beer deal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
When I was last in Texas and it was +40 degrees, a bottle of ice cold yank p1ss (Shiner in actual fact) was very welcome indeed.

darkstar

What bloody beer snobs we have here. I like my real ale but Bud is ok, it's a 5% larger, simple as. I enjoy a ice cold larger on a hot day, MUCH than a room temperature ale.

Though Guinness is my favorite :rofl:

dodgy

I find it funny that people get so passionate about beer or food, to the point of telling everyone else they're wrong.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
To be fair, I have been known to drink a handful cans of T*nnents (at room temperature would you believe) once in a blue moon, but on the whole, I find that lager just tastes too bitter and you get a horrible aftertaste (the warmer it is the more the aftertaste seems to be dulled, and hey, at the end of the day, it's drink, so who cares!).

At least with ales, there are a LOT more flavours and I'll choose a good ale over lager any day (except for if it was one of those nice Czech Black Lagers that W*atherspoons did for a while).

I'm no snob by the way, each to their own, and what's more, I'll quite happily drink room temperature ales in my house too.

I'm not a great fan of chilled things as I have always had sensitive teeth, and this has had a bearing on what I drink too (I don't even like chilled milk!).

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I've got a friend who's Spanish mother gets % Vol mixed up with Calories. She won't drink anything less than 11 Calories.
I look for the 13 or 14%.
I like wine Red, White or Rose. Ale, Beer or Lager. I'll even drink yours as Alcohol is a great disinfectant;).

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
User3143 said:
I hate beer.

Aww you poor thing!!

Try a good, solid dark ale, the kind where you can taste every part of it, and then try different flavours. Tastewise, there is night and day between ale and lager.

That said, I can barely stand Vodka (although I'll force myself if I have too!).

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
For years I've explained to the GF that Beer does taste like that and that I only drink it as a religious penance (as she's a Catholic she should understand);).

darkstar

On sunday at the rugby i'll be on the guinness and Tetleys, thats one of my favorite aspect of rugby. You can drink in the terraces!

Bayerd

Über Member
That Bud deal seems expensive to me, but then again, I brew my own instead. It works out at about 40p a pint and is top notch. Never mind bottles, this is hand drawn from a cask, just like you'd get down your local.

Mad Doug Biker said:
Aww you poor thing!!

Try a good, solid dark ale, the kind where you can taste every part of it, and then try different flavours. Tastewise, there is night and day between ale and lager.

That said, I can barely stand Vodka (although I'll force myself if I have too!).

I thought you were on the wagon.:wahhey:

Top Bottom