This Wiggins incident has brought the numpties out...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
i think i cover the argument well here however i got VED name wrong, wrong audio file derp. Of course some is my opinion but we are all able to know whats fact and opinion by now.

Arfcollins

Soft southerner.
There is a very real danger from being hit by a meteorite, but low risk.
It's one of the main reasons I will always wear a helmet when I'm out and about - Grrrr! Them pesky space rocks!

StuartG

slower but further
Are you proposing those that are physically unable to ride a bike should also be precluded from the freedom and independence an adapted car could give them & at a lesser level what about people that never learned to ride or simply don't want to do so.
Actually disabled people are more likely to be able to use a bike or trike than an adapted car. I'm trying to think of what disability would prevent them using one. Are you aware of these people (linky)?
I too support the idea that you cannot apply for a provisional car license without holding a full motocycle licence and you cannot apply for a provisional motorcycle licence until you have passed a Bikeability test.

Just think about it. Every new driver would know (and hence more likely to respect) the safety needs of more vulnerable road users. It is these new drivers that pose the greatest threat to the cyclist. Also that they may by chance discover these are a better, cheaper and or faster transport mode for at least some of their needs. This would make the roads better for everyone.

Top Bottom