This will brighten your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'

byegad

Legendary Member
I feel like that nearly every time I get on one of my trikes. JOY!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Great

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Disabled kids have a joy of life we could never experience.

Not really directed at you, just a general comment..... I hate the word disabled or disability as it suggests someone is less capable, or has less ability. The kid in this video is most certainly capable of riding his bike and seems to have a pretty good time doing so.
The paralympic changed so much for me and I see such people as capable but with additional challenges to overcome...... disability does not describe them, some people are simply awesome.

Loved the video

Not really directed at you, just a general comment..... I hate the word disabled or disability as it suggests someone is less capable, or has less ability. The kid in this video is most certainly capable of riding his bike and seems to have a pretty good time doing so.
The paralympic changed so much for me and I see such people as capable but with additional challenges to overcome...... disability does not describe them, some people are simply awesome.

Loved the video

I understand where you are coming from Mr H and often find it awkward to find the correct reference to use.
I didn't and never would use it in a derogatory or trivial way, nor would I use PC term as I have to frequently interact with people with issues at work, and my son has multiple disabilities for which I cannot find any other specific term to use that doesn't sound patronising.

All I can hope for is that if have not offended anyone, and everyone realises that no intentional offence was intended or implied.

Sorry for the hijack by the way.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Not for a moment did I think you were being disrespectful :thumbsup: I was just sounding off.
I think we are taught to give sympathy to people who have challenges in life, I have been guilty of doing this myself but the some people are just amazing... I am in awe of people like the kid in the Video who go out and grab every opportunity life gives them.
I'm not sure what words are suitable though, I only know which ones I don't like .

Top Bottom