Thorn Sterling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Damn that is truly FUGLY!!

Don't think it's that bad...if you took all the racks etc off and changed the saddle it would look fairly non-offensive as far as I'm concerned, not a stunner, but hey, maybe function beats form in this case! Then again, I know everybody raves about Thorns, but I think they are pretty ugly in general...

frog

Thank God my roadie colleague doesn't come to this site. All I'd get for the rest of the week would be 'Oy frog! Thorn have put out a new tractor for you to park in the barn' :rolleyes:

The last time he saw my bike in the shed he called to say there was a border collie sleeping next to it and chickens roosting on the handlebars. :rolleyes:

domtyler

Über Member
Volvo owners around the world are trembling in their boots at the thought of colliding with one of those monsters.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Volvo owners around the world are trembling in their boots at the thought of colliding with one of those monsters.

Flip me that's spooky! After my coming together with a volvo recently I bin gone buy me a Thorn (Sport Tour, not the Sterling) with exactly that thought in mind.

I've already got one of their kiddy-back tandems. Thorns kind of grow on you (like warts or althete's foot) but I agree, pretty they most certainly are not.

Thats a good point now does it ride? any good.

Thorns are well thought out solid workhorses. My Raven Nomad is not fats, but the most solid dependable and predictable ride of the lot!

simonali

Guru
Equally hideous.

Nice kitchen, though!

The worst bit about these bikes is the massive price, due to that expensive hub. From £1499 indeed! :ohmy:

domtyler

Über Member
Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Its positively vomit inducing.

Wouldn't go that far. It is clearly not built for beauty anyway, it definitely looks fit for [any] purpose. And generally I love Thorns and am going to buy myself one of their frames at some point. It would more likely be a Club Tour though! :ohmy:

Top Bottom