Those of you using youtube - votebots are back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Doesnt matter if you upload video of a near collision or a walkaround the new bike, these trolls seem to be targeting a large number of cycling related videos on youtube now.

Youtube are taking the typical line and ignoring all complaint.

What you will find is the following will happen:
- a large amount of down-votes during selected periods during the day
- downvotes that usually exceed the number of views
- the number of views will go up slightly but the time watched will remain a fraction of the video's duration
- sometimes an abusive comment will be made towards yourself or others (one made a sexual suggestion towards a dead body, yet despite complaints these trolls are allowed to persist on youtube)

This is because they activate a script software and run the link through it. Its all automated, and its damaging the ability to share good information on road safety, riding techniques, clothing and kit reviews, or just entertainment in the form of race videos and interviews.

I've started flagging votebot videos on youtube, but what else can be done other than a mass exodus? If we leave they win.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Block all comments and stop engaging with YouTube trolls?

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Block all comments and stop engaging with YouTube trolls?
I have. A couple have signed up under new accounts to circumvent this, and blocking very sadly doesnt stop them accessing your video via scripting sofware as above - which I dont think many realise is going on

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Attempted to report a user for a number of attacks (more this afternoon). Youtube dont seem to think anything is wrong with comments about having sex with dead people and have rejected my complaints. Tried again for the 3rd time tonight. Told them I have disabled all advertising and will remove all content in 24 hours if issues not addressed.

Top Bottom