Thought of the day...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
When you purchase some new tyres online, never buy a couple of extras as spares, just because the offer was so good and you couldn't afford not to take better advantage of it.

Why? Becasue 2 years later when you are ready to use said spare tyres, you'll find the rubber already degraded and cracked!

NEVER BUY SPARE TYRES

Unlike the days when national cycling federations kept stocks or road and track tubulars hanging in damp free, dark storahe for several years for the rubber to mature.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Did you leave the tyres folded in the wrapping? That could cause them to crack.

Because I've had tyres hanging in the garage for a decade (Bought 'em, tried 'em, didn't like 'em) and they were still ok when I put them on a bike I was selling.

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
Did you leave the tyres folded in the wrapping? That could cause them to crack.

Because I've had tyres hanging in the garage for a decade (Bought 'em, tried 'em, didn't like 'em) and they were still ok when I put them on a bike I was selling.
the cracking is fairly superficial so not a huge problem - the tyres will be okay to use - it was just a thought - next time I'll only buy tyres when I need them

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
When you purchase some new tyres online, never buy a couple of extras as spares, just because the offer was so good and you couldn't afford not to take better advantage of it.

Why? Becasue 2 years later when you are ready to use said spare tyres, you'll find the rubber already degraded and cracked!

NEVER BUY SPARE TYRES
Miss Goodbody up the road also complains of degraded rubber. As her son, Dirk, will also attest. When he grows up and learns the truth. He's a ginger, so nowt to do wi' me, like.

Top Bottom