Thoughts about 2017 Pro Tour Punditry?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
I do try as much as possible to send out reminders to those who have not picked - which can be tricky with the TDU given that it takes place during British night time. But dinnae rely on me!

Don't expect you to protect us from our own idiocy. You're doing a grand job already.

I was thinking I might try out "bonus" points at some point for anyone who correctly selects the top 3 riders for a stage - you wouldn't have to get them in the right order when selecting but if the 3 riders you pick finish 1,2,3 then award an extra bonus of 20 points to the total. It doesn't happen often. But it happened today.

This is worth trying, I think, if you don't feel it's just pot luck.

I was thinking I might try out "bonus" points at some point for anyone who correctly selects the top 3 riders for a stage - you wouldn't have to get them in the right order when selecting but if the 3 riders you pick finish 1,2,3 then award an extra bonus of 20 points to the total. It doesn't happen often. But it happened today.

This is worth trying, I think, if you don't feel it's just pot luck.

Although we obviously all try our best every day this feels a bit random. Maybe graduated bonus points instead, an extra ten points for one and two then more for one two and three? Anything like this does add extra pressure on the scorer though, ever mindful of that.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Although we obviously all try our best every day this feels a bit random. Maybe graduated bonus points instead, an extra ten points for one and two then more for one two and three? Anything like this does add extra pressure on the scorer though, ever mindful of that.

Sometime I do wonder if selections are the "best" we can come up with :laugh:

The "graduated" bonus sounds too much like hard work to me (and for me!).

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
I wear a hat much better than Paul Simon

But do you sport a splendid 'tache?

Top Bottom