Thoughts on price selling a second hand bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J1888

Über Member
Bought a 2013 Cannondale Quick 4 in 2014 for £480, think the price before was £550.

It's been regularly serviced and was my main commuter for 2 years.

I'd obvs like to get as much as I can, but I can't think that I'd get more than about £150ish.

Does that sound right to people? Someone was selling a 2012 one for £200 Buy it Now on Fleabay but not sure if it sold...

vickster

Legendary Member
Sounds a good starting price. Maybe even try £200 BIN with best offer on fleabay. You'll have no problem in London IIRC. Just make sure you have the receipt available for a potential buyer

OP
OP
J

J1888

Über Member
Sounds a good starting price. Maybe even try £200 BIN with best offer on fleabay. You'll have no problem in London IIRC. Just make sure you have the receipt available for a potential buyer

Thanks, good advice - pretty sure I have the receipt!

Globalti

Legendary Member
It may have been regularly serviced but that means a shop mechanic has picked it up, bounced it, spun the wheels, adjusted the brakes and maybe pumped the tyres and oiled the chain.

As a buyer I'd be more interested in close up photos showing the condition of the wheel rims or brake rotors, the amount of dirt stuck to the frame and oxidation on key components like spoke nipples and bolts, in other words how carefully it has been used and maintained.

AndyRM

XOXO
What @vickster said.

£200 sounds like a reasonable starting point, set a lower limit (£170 perhaps?) and stick to it.

I had an older Quick (slightly lower spec - didn't have a carbon fork) and got £180 for it when I sold it last year.

OP
OP
J

J1888

Über Member
my polite way of saying I wouldn't buy it....

I'm sure there's probably plenty of people of the same view - I'm hoping that someone else would feel differently! :smile:

Top Bottom