Thoughts on this recumbent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OK here is my normal suggestion, a Cruzbike, the quest can be folded into a very small package however there is a learning curve to get up on this front drive bike.

CS

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
I'd advise against buying a new recumbent as a first purchase, unless you're loaded. Usually they're at least twice the price, but buy 2nd hand and get back what you paid when you sell. Depending on where your Brother lives, try and see if he can blag a ride on someone's steed first to see if he takes to it. some can, some can't...my Brother sussed out my Bacchetta Strada within minutes, my mate was completely useless.....but very funny to watch.

Also take some measurements of the car/bike, as with the wheels off, a lot of 2 wheelers will fit in an average car, so maybe folding, and all the weight/complexity/price it brings wouldn't be necessary?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Best thing your brother could do. In fact, why don't you make it a family trip? Mr M has all sorts of fun things to play with.... :okay:^_^

I'm a bit out of the geographical picture in the North East.

And call me a wuss, but you wouldn't get me on a two-wheeled recumbent, although I'd certainly try a trike.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
I'm kinda-with @Pale Rider here. I'm still scared of my PDQ.
Trikes, OTOH :biggrin:

Trike wins (won!) every time...

DaddyPaddey

I bought a Grasshopper without trying one, relying on the fact I rode a Longstaff 'bent with no problem a few years ago. Kept it for 4 months, fell off 11 times, but managed Morcombe-Whitby and back. I liked the fold system on the Hopper-it was brilliant. However I found it very 'twitchy' at low speed, hence the offs.

Now have HP Scorpion trike which folded fits into the back of the wife's Hyundai i10. However it needed 2 people to lift it in, not because of the weight but because it was awkward, so I bought a Seat AlteaXL [cost less than the 'bent], and the Scorpion fits in unfolded-easy peasy.

Tilley

Über Member
Have you looked at ICE recumbents they are in Falmouth. It was their Fattrike you tube clip that made me aware of the whole recumbent trike possibility.
I ended up buying a used Trice, but have spoken to the guys at ICE a couple of times regarding parts and possibilities and they have openly offered me test rides. I just haven't managed to get to Falmouth yet. One day I hope to get there and have a play on a Fat trike just to see if it really is as fun as it looks, or whether the effort really is too much.

TrishE

Über Member
Have you looked at ICE recumbents they are in Falmouth. It was their Fattrike you tube clip that made me aware of the whole recumbent trike possibility.
I ended up buying a used Trice, but have spoken to the guys at ICE a couple of times regarding parts and possibilities and they have openly offered me test rides. I just haven't managed to get to Falmouth yet. One day I hope to get there and have a play on a Fat trike just to see if it really is as fun as it looks, or whether the effort really is too much.
They were at the York rally and had a track set up I had great fun trying the trikes. I would love one but no car and can't take it on the train so have decided I'll have to wait til I retire so I can booger off with no time limits :smile:

Early bird booking is open for next year's rally I've booked my camping. Any other cyclechatters going?

HPVelotechnik trike on a train.....

IMG_1814.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1814.jpg
    IMG_1814.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 53
Top Bottom